Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AC Penalty app
In one Facebook group, I've stumbled across this. I've skipped few parts of the video, but it looks like it brings more realistic penalties (from the looks of it, it can differentiate between different kind of cuts, like going off track, or crossing pit line on exit, speeding in pitlane...), and it can check if the person connecting to the server has the app installed, as well as Sol if needed.

Is there a chance that this could be implemented here, once it's polished enough? Maybe in the future we could have "real" endurance races (2h, 12x time). And maybe even rework of incidents/points deducted from scoring.

And disclaimer at the end: I'm in no way associated with this app, I don't know the maker, or in what stage of development it is or is it even possible to use it here.  Big Grin
You might wanna add a link to the app ;-)
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
It's in the description of the video, but here it is.  Big Grin
I think the word "this" is the link :-)
Hyperlinks in the theme of this forum are practically invisible. How many links can you find in this post?
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(10-18-2019, 03:34 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Hyperlinks in the theme of this forum are practically invisible. How many links can you find in this post?

One, this one   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHiVqxFa5Zs

and 3 more https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gTQT4OJ...C2fhh/view

https://acstuff.ru/s/q:race/online/join?...pPort=8082

https://discordapp.com/invite/syVQEG9

(10-17-2019, 02:41 PM)Igor Relja Wrote:  In one Facebook group, I've stumbled across this. I've skipped few parts of the video, but it looks like it brings more realistic penalties (from the looks of it, it can differentiate between different kind of cuts, like going off track, or crossing pit line on exit, speeding in pitlane...), and it can check if the person connecting to the server has the app installed, as well as Sol if needed.

Is there a chance that this could be implemented here, once it's polished enough? Maybe in the future we could have "real" endurance races (2h, 12x time). And maybe even rework of incidents/points deducted from scoring.

And disclaimer at the end: I'm in no way associated with this app, I don't know the maker, or in what stage of development it is or is it even possible to use it here.  Big Grin

There is no such thing as "speeding on pit lane" in AC, I've went in at 100mph and all it did was slam on brakes by itself at the line, i suggest you do it that way for faster pit. Check for SOL? why would it check for SOL? it would be nice if it kicked anyone that didn't have sol installed if the server is running sol, but has nothing to do with a penalty app unless you are being penalized for not having sol or this AC penalty app. I tried his server and it did KICK me after it checked 10x i did NOT have the penalty app installed but it didn't check for sol that i know of.
But there is speeding in pit lane in AC. You just don't see it (or even feel it because it's so small that it is in realms of theory). The game, as soon as it detects that you're in the pitlane, engages pitlimiter automatically and slows you down. You don't notice it because guys in Kunos did a little trick and extended physical layer of the pit lane just enough to slow you down before the actual line, but in some modded tracks this hasn't been done, so you can come in full speed (like all, or rather most, of us are doing already) and let the game sort it by itself.

One example I've quickly tested is Okayama. As you can see in the screenshots below, I'm well over 80 after the line (and sign), and even in the line with first garages. There are probably some other examples on modded track we use frequently here.

https://imgur.com/a/LTDdQ1l <--- THIS IS THE LINK FOR THE BLIND ONES  Tongue

Sure, it's not the most important thing that needs addressing in AC/SRS, but I just think it's neat little feature of the app.

Check for Sol would be necessary for it to be implemented into online events. AFAIK, the main reason, or one of them, that it hasn't been used is that currently there's no way to make sure that all players are using it. This would result in some people connecting without it and driving only in daylight, while others would have full day/night cycle. If this does it's job of checking who's using it (and kicking those who are not), it could be one step closer of implementing day/night endurance races here, like I've mentioned it in the first post. Why the test server hasn't kicked you when you didn't have it, I have no idea. Maybe it's not running/requiring it at the current time.
(10-17-2019, 02:41 PM)Igor Relja Wrote:  In one Facebook group, I've stumbled across this. I've skipped few parts of the video, but it looks like it brings more realistic penalties (from the looks of it, it can differentiate between different kind of cuts, like going off track, or crossing pit line on exit, speeding in pitlane...), and it can check if the person connecting to the server has the app installed, as well as Sol if needed.

I saw the video and it looks great, I would love to have it implemented in SRS.
I would be happy if we can have better penalties (it's always frustrating to slow down for an off-track penalty caused by someone that rams you from behind).
Also the SOL checker would be a great addition for me to finally race at night or having day/night cycle; I remember talking in another thread: we could ask for an "SOL- SRS edition" so everyone has the same version since at the moment there are lots of preview versions and mismatches could happen

Anyway, great discovery
I saw yesterday on the italian FB group the app is now ready for use, there is a test server online.
There is a discord channel but I don' remember its name and I can' find the link right now.

As soon as i get more information I'll let you know
Hope it is better than the existing 'Cut Lap' Slow Down Penalty.

I was racing in the Skoda at Brands and went off at Dingle and spun at Stirlings. I then tried 3 times in a row to slow for 5 seconds. I ended up losing about 15 seconds from my 5th place because of this.

I gained no tangible benefit from my 'cut' and lost so much time. I admit I made a mistake, but the penalty didn't fit the crime.