Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F3 Dallara setup
(08-31-2017, 02:06 PM)Jaap Wagenvoort Wrote:  Not too much, please! Smile

Good to hear you immediately shaved almost a second off your time, Sebastiaan. It's nice to see the field getting closer together.

I'm impressed by the huge interest in the F3 championship this season. 3 servers last night! Great stuff - let's keep it up. See you guys on-track.
Yeah its a great setup man, really nice of you to share it with us !
''All the time you havea to leavea the space''

As said by Fernando Alonso in broken english during the Bahrein GP 2012
Great setup, thank you Jaap.

Don't know much about this car, but it felt a bit weird the first time I tried it compared with the baseline setup. Like floaty in a weird manner, specially when you make a mistake. Then you get used to it.

But it's definitely faster and more driveable than the baseline setup.
You're welcome, guys! Smile

The F3 indeed feels weird when you go off-track (in gravel etc). It's like the wheels don't touch the ground properly. But on-track it feels great in my opinion. It a no-nonsense racecar. Easy to drive, but difficult to race on the absolute edge. And it's a great car for online racing because you can do proper wheel-to-racing with it.

You drove some impressive races last night, Pedro. Two victories, no incidents. Good job!
(04-06-2017, 09:43 PM)Jaap Wagenvoort Wrote:  Hello SRS-ers,

By request, hereby a fast F3 Dallara setup. This is what I've been using at Vallelunga and in slightly changed versions also at Spa, Imola, Paul Ricard etc (only wings and gear ratio).

Let us know how it works for you. Good luck all!

Jaap

Thanks Jaap. it perfectly fits to me at Mugello. not so well at Imola, but it probably needs some tweaks on it.
Happy to read that it works for you! It should work on Imola ,too. It should basically only need some tweaking of the wings.
Thanks for sharing the setup! Shaved 1,6s off my best lap at Mugello in just a few laps Smile
Thanks Jaap! After just 3 laps I shaved almost 2 s off my previous lap time at Mugello, went from a 1:44.8 to a 1:42.8. I think I could still go about 0.5-1s faster (update just did 1:42.3 after 7 more laps, update 7 more laps down to 1:41.9, did the race tonight as well, but made too many mistakes) . I noticed that the tire pressures are in orange, is this non ideal? I'm quite new to setups and find it hard to determine which things I should change depending on what kind of behavior of the car. You mentioned that this setup is can be used on any track with small adjustments to gear ratio's and wings. Can you tell me a little more about your strategy for changing these settings. Sorry for the many questions, feel free not to answer all of themSmile
Good to hear that you guys are shaving off big chunks of your best laptimes!! Don't go too fast though Wink Smile

Bram, I just change the wings based on the characteristics of the track. At Brands with lots of medium-quick corners I was running 25-11-10 to have enough downforce, at Mugello 25-7-9 seems to be right balance. Just go out and look at the times/splits and you'll work it out. Just make sure you dont'go too aggressive (high front & low rear) as this will cause oversteer which may be hard to control.

The tyre pressures are a little high indeed, haven't finetuned those yet but the F3 suffers less from high temps/pressures than for example the F4 Tatuus.
I used this setup with slight changes in Red Bull GP and run 1.28.8xx (~2sec off from best lap of aliens who run 1.26.x).
I have few questions for Jaap if you don't mind:

I used setup compare app and see HUGE differences in few parameters (such differences do not look like tunings but rather hacks Smile

examples:
1.ARB
https://i.imgur.com/iEFLHjD.png

Dampers
https://i.imgur.com/PhN3gqF.png

Drivetrain
https://i.imgur.com/n51yKhi.png

Is that because F3 is not modeled right and such hacks simply make it faster?
Hi Jaap, I see you were also on Zandvoort with Dallara. and obviously best time on it Wink. did you use same setup also in there? the track seems to "bumpy" and it really throws the car away in some cases. would you mind to post your setup from Zandvoort Smile ?. thanks!