Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very Low Participation?
Does no one actually used this system any longer?  I realize I just signed up yesterday, but it seems like the majority of the scheduled races have no entries at all. And the few races I have seen that have entries, it's usually just one or two.   

Huh
I race RRE mainly and while the participation there is not as high as in the AC races theres usually between 12 to 20 people there racing. The Project Cars 2 races seem to be pretty much dead though. Think SRS should think about switching this slots to RF2 instead.
(10-13-2019, 06:59 AM)Christian Klemmer Wrote:  I race RRE mainly and while the participation there is not as high as in the AC races theres usually between 12 to 20 people there racing. The Project Cars 2 races seem to be pretty much dead though. Think SRS should think about switching this slots to RF2 instead.

No, give PC2 some more time. It's a great sim with some really good features and it would be a shame if it was gone from srs.
Player numbers will never be high if 3 srs events happen at the same time. Also making events happen each day at 5 different timeframes does not help.
See you on track ~S!~ Big Grin
I think that's an USA problem, at European evenings the Assetto Corsa races have very high participation (~80 people and more).

US guys here sometimes mention that they race in the morning before work.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Can confirm. Most bros from US are too busy oval racing on iRacing to bother with learning how to turn right ~50% of the time, so it's either race at EU primetime or stick to only the few youtube series where turnout is higher. Smile
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
I remember Race2Play being the same way, though I joined very late in its life
I used to live in the UK and most league racing sites are very well subscribed. I was surprised at how few races were in the US timezone. I think Russell is right that the US is on iRacing which is not that popular in Europe. We need more SRS advertising coverage in the US. The Youtubers are probably the best to do this but I know most have covered SRS already.
(10-15-2019, 06:17 PM)Jordan Dennis Wrote:  I remember Race2Play being the same way, though I joined very late in its life

That's where I started online! And yeah... I had to race at odd times to find any warm bodies there as well if I recall correctly.

I signed up for the Lancia race this morning at 8AM my time with exactly one other guy. Suffice it to say, I didn't bother joining the server. I think the combo of the time slot, the car, and the track itself is to blame for that particular situation, however. I think a lot of people gave that boat of a car a couple of weeks and just decided not to bother.

Highest attendance for this week's Lancia races are a mere 15 cars. Once. Most of them are 6-9 drivers.

Maybe next season!
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Compared to the Mini or the DTMs the Lancia races have lower participation. European evenings get larger fields, midday and late night get 5 or 6 racers. To be honest, I don't mind it so much. Less weaving through lapped traffic isn't such a bad thing. I don't see the attraction of having 24 racers when half of them are 6 secs/lap off the pace cos they come to learn the track online. So you won't hear me complain about smaller fields Smile

Cheers

Chris