Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introducing: Assetto Corsa 2.4h Multi-class Racing @ SRS!
Was thinking some time ago how would an endurance race go in SRS with Assetto Corsa. We know AC is crippled and unfinished in many ways. But it's not a bad idea at all to try it now. And two races only for start. Let's see how it plays out.
(09-28-2019, 04:01 PM)Sergio Mendez Wrote:  As a professional health-care's advice, I recommend long mandatory pissingstops. We must care about prostates!!!

LMP1 - Let's Mind the Pee, every-One
⌈ zerøbandwidth autosports ⌋
https://twitch.tv/zer0bandwidth
https://youtube.com/c/zerobandwidth
600+ is a bit steep for player participation and even rating doesn`t mean much when it comes to safe driving either.

Myself, I`m interested on one condition - if LMP1 is 100% responsible for overtaking.
See you on track ~S!~ Big Grin
I'm hopping that this is great, though I have just realised I can only do the first race.

One thing wordies me is the incidents per race.
(09-28-2019, 12:55 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Seems like this is a bit ambitious for the first try at this (that I know of). Even drivers on SRS at 600+ rating have serious problems knowing how to pass and/or be passed safely. Plus... 2.4 hours? I question the need for 1 hour races here in general. As fun as LMPs are to drive, that big a chunk of my Sunday morning isn't something I'm going to jump on... especially since the amount of practice needed to safely compete in such a thing is way over the amount of free time I have (and likely not an amount of time most drivers are going to be willing to invest). Not to mention the already mentioned lack of rules clarification in general.

Good luck to all participants! I'll be interested to see how it plays out.

Completely with Russell on this one. I would love to join, but not sure if I want to race 2.4hrs without a break + who knows how many cars will finish. And with SRS starts and turn 1 incidents..  Big Grin but still, can't wait to see as well how it plays out if I won't join. Interesting idea. Shame about AC missing driver swap, I would be totally in then.
NEVER GIVE UP!
Which server do we join as there are currently 2. Or is it one for lmp and one for gt2?
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
(09-28-2019, 10:12 AM)David Iglesias Wrote:  Fantastic news!!! I hope there are enough participation to have this series all year. If not, maybe trying with shorter races, changing the hour / day or maybe allowing lower ratings could be the way to go to fill the servers.

In any case, there are two important things that should be accomplished to make this work IMO: 
1: Set up big servers. I don't know if there is a way to bypass the slot limitation that every track has, but this kind of races have no sense with a total of 24 drivers per server (12 per class). Maybe there is a mod to allow more drivers per track?
2: Clarify the rules. This is, in my opinion, something that SRS should improve globally, but in this kind of races it is even more important as I think that there are not blue flags between cars of different classes, and not everyone knows it.

Thanks for bring up new stuff.

Yes there are versions of Kunos' tracks with more slots, i.e. on RaceDepartment there's a 108 slots Nordschleife Endurance version
Sorry if I missed something, when will BoP be announced?
BOP values added

GT cars keep their line, LMP1s are responsible for overtaking safely.
Will incident points be modified? Seems harsh that 1 incident point will penalize you 3 points in a race of this length and nature.