Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Delay registration time to 10 minutes after new clock
(10-05-2019, 09:44 AM)Marek Vons Wrote:  “but players who forgets should be punished to wait an hour for next race? I think not.”

Eeerrr, yes lol. He forgot... he has to wait, other XX number of people didn’t forget, nor they are crying about it
XX number of people who forgot simply don't use SRS. Who wins? No one
If the people who aren't showing up are people that barely have enough time to register and join a race at the last 5 minutes, then the winners are everyone who have no problems showing up to a scheduled, organized event on time. Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(10-07-2019, 05:40 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  If the people who aren't showing up are people that barely have enough time to register and join a race at the last 5 minutes, then the winners are everyone who have no problems showing up to a scheduled, organized event on time. Big Grin

I proposed a solution for who forgets about an incoming race and haven't signed up yet. Why do you make a division between who already registered and don't? Racers are racers and motivation behind lack of signing in time may vary (connection problems, checked at last minute if he can enter a race etc.). I can't understand why this solution can could lead more excinting races because more people could be involved is taken down by you in particular.
Ok we move the deadline 10 minutes. Then another driver miss a race and he ask to move the deadline another 10 minutes. Repeat this as many times as you want...
I don't see how this would change the things; if someone uses to be late is most of the time because of him forgetting and he would keep being late.
When I joined SRS the first thing I did was reading the rules, and one of them was:

"Registration on a session is allowed before the last 05:00 (five minutes). After that period you are not able to register and the button will display Unavailable."

To me, the only thing that should change is about how races are scheduled when there's a 1-hour race:
i.e. if at 10:00 pm there's a 1-hour race I want to join and then I want to race the 11:00 pm too I can't because at that time I'm still into the 1h race.
Those racers should have the right to join after the registration period, not people that arrive late, and yes, I know that there could be unexpected events that could lead someone not to register in time but to be honest it's probably the 5% of times.

Apart from that, if they will change the system then good for the people that join late, but to me it isn't a priority or something i feel it's missing from SRS
(10-09-2019, 09:42 AM)Marco Mollace Wrote:  
(10-07-2019, 05:40 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  If the people who aren't showing up are people that barely have enough time to register and join a race at the last 5 minutes, then the winners are everyone who have no problems showing up to a scheduled, organized event on time. Big Grin

I proposed a solution for who forgets about an incoming race and haven't signed up yet. Why do you make a division between who already registered and don't? Racers are racers and motivation behind lack of signing in time may vary (connection problems, checked at last minute if he can enter a race etc.). I can't understand why this solution can could lead more excinting races because more people could be involved is taken down by you in particular.

Firstly, I don't see how adjusting the schedule gets you more drivers. You aren't making it any easier to sign up... you are just moving the time. Besides, "more drivers" is irrelevant if the server can only hold 23 humans at a time, and pretty much ever race I sign up for has at least that many (except for the Fulvia in the mornings... I don't think people like driving difficult to manage cars).

Secondly, there IS a distinction between those who registered in time and those who don't. The server has to have time to be set up all the registered drivers, at least in Assetto Corsa. If you are late, the server can't just "make you a slot" and still have your assigned car livery and whatnot. Is this dumb? Yes. Is it the way it is? Also yes. You have to 1) remember to register and 2) do it BEFORE the not-so-arbitrary deadline so that the server can be setup accurately. Without #2, we don't get custom liveries, and it shouldn't come as a surprise that that's like... one of the main reasons I'm here at all.

I do think it would be an improvement for the countdowns to count down to the X:55 deadline, rather than showing 5 minutes of "Unavailable". That seems like an obvious improvement, especially since the race doesn't technically start on the hour anyway.

By the way, it isn't just me in particular pointing out the issues with your idea... I just happen to post to these forums more than most and I don't tend to keep opinions to myself. Don't take it personally. Smile
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz