Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ginetta G40 GT5
Hi All,

First race tonight, and had some serious negative comments from people that, have not actually driving this IRL.

The car's handling has been confirmed and verified by an IRL GT5 driver.

This car is a handful, it's not easy to control the rear end, it's not a pick up and plant it car, even I struggle and I did it.

You have to "learn" the characteristics of the car to be able to drive it FAST and consistently.

Jut thought I would throw that out there.

Shaun
(09-26-2019, 07:45 PM)Shaun Clarke Wrote:  Hi All,

First race tonight, and had some serious negative comments from people that, have not actually driving this IRL.

The car's handling has been confirmed and verified by an IRL GT5 driver.

This car is a handful, it's not easy to control the rear end, it's not a pick up and plant it car, even I struggle and I did it.

You have to "learn" the characteristics of the car to be able to drive it FAST and consistently.

Jut thought I would throw that out there.

Shaun

Yes sir and I am living proof after many attempts to tame this beast, I absolutely LOVE the Ginetta G40 GT5 because its on the edge baby!

http://www.simracingsystem.com/raceresul...zU5tagUnvI
and some people try such an interesting manoevres in race, I was very surprised many times what some can invent
Hi Shaun,
first of all, congratulations on the hard work on this and others great mods. Really thanks man!

About G40 race last night, something weird happened to me.
During practise that same evening, I managed to get the left rear tyre hot and green after some laps, then my laps times improved to a 1.40.5 pace....right rear was always blue, but that's a Brands Hatch thing.
Unfortunately, there was no way to go that fast yesterday, rear tyres won't get warmer enough to push it. I don't know if it's normal for a RWD car to not get it's rear tyres warm, that a should expect from a FWD...

Anybody else had the same problem? Could it be setup related? In that case, is there anyway to improve rear tyres temperatures through the fixed setup?
With warmer tyres, the car was a lot more manageable, you could really control the spin with gas... But with blue tyres there was no way for me.

Thanks and see you on track!
Not a lot you can do with fixed setup, I just knocked the brake balance back one or two notches and it was fine.
Beat my pb set with adjusted psi in practice during the fixed setup race and probably would have improved more had I not been taken out by back marker, so I think it is not too much of an issue. Tbh hadn’t driven the car before about 45 mins before the race and I thought it was very easy to drive, into the low 37s inside 8 laps on first ever go.
(09-27-2019, 06:21 PM)Alex Leif Wrote:  Not a lot you can do with fixed setup, I just knocked the brake balance back one or two notches and it was fine.
Beat my pb set with adjusted psi in practice during the fixed setup race and probably would have improved more had I not been taken out by back marker, so I think it is not too much of an issue. Tbh hadn’t driven the car before about 45 mins before the race and I thought it was very easy to drive, into the low 37s inside 8 laps on first ever go.

Thanks Alex, I'll try that next race 
so basically, my tyres were cold because I was slow, and I was slow because my tyres where cold...
Huh Big Grin Huh
I didn’t really pay any attention to the temps myself, if not fixed setup I would correct the psi and still basically ignore the temps. But for fixed setup all you can do is drive and focus on slowly building up the pace. If the rears are cold it means you can get a bit of a drift on and not have to worry about them. Focus on braking points, line and apexes and the tyres can do what they damn well like Smile
I have asked Henrique to make sure the correct setup was used for the server, as a lot of people had the same issue, but offline car works perfectly.

Also, Just heard it from Paul O Neal himself on TV (BTCC Live on ITV4) about the Ginetta Junior and GT5. You CAN LOCK the rears if you don't blip the throttle enough on the downshift.

Henrique has advised me that the default setup was used, but it doesn't make sense why the massive / dramatic change.

Will give you feeback shortly, as we are doing an online test.

Shaun
different temperatures and grip offline?
HI all, I think I have found the problem, and I will hold my hands up, it was me.

For some reason, and I don't know why, the car felt and drove OK offline, but online, it was awful.

I have inspected the files, and well I have missed a [ in the tyres.ini files

Although [ is small, it makes a massive difference in AC, as AC would not report the tyre temps correctly.

I have fixed this, and sent it out for testing to various people, so fingers crossed, and again, I apologise for this, update should be out tonight.

Regards

Shaun