Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Norway!
Hi! I'm Hans (43) from Norway (GMT +2 since you were also asking for timezone)

I'm very passionate about cars, especially BMW - I love to drive in real life and in sims. I don't have any real life racing experience except i've been around Nordschleife in my little 320i E90 a couple of times. (LOADS of fun and recomended btw!) It's a 1000 km drive one way + ferry from where I live tho, so it won't be something I can do every weekend...

If I remember right I think my simracing interest started with 'Outrun' in the late 1980's. Couldn't really call that a sim, I know, but that was what we got at the time Smile  and it was good fun since we didn't know better! When Gran Turismo came to playstation 1 in -97 (Yeah I had to look up the year...) it started to get more serious though. Oh how I loved that, and worked so hard to get the apexes, braking and everything right to get those licenses. The more recent years  I've been playing Project Cars and lately back to Assetto Corsa which I played a lot first when it was pretty new. Have to admit though, I've spent probably too much time lately in TF Nordschelife on Assetto Corsa and too little on real racing. I'm probably at around 1000 laps around there. Needless to say, it's my favourite track.

Last time I was in Nurburg (at Blancpain a few weeks ago) I tried out Raceroom at one of their simulators there, and decided to install it at home too and try some more "real" racing again - and not just tourist drives all day (and sometimes GT3 on Spa) Big Grin . Luckily I found Sim Racing System which seems very nice. I see now that you support Assetto Corsa too, but I haven't noticed you before. I've tried a few DTM races with SRS and they were really nice with good drivers it seemed like to me. DTM is what I'm mostly focused on right now.

Anyways... Looking forward to more clean good racing here with you guys - doubt you'll see me in anything other than a BMW. I know they're not nessecarily best at everything - It's just that I'm such a fan I almost feel unfaithful driving anything else...

Hans