Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AC Performance Issues
Hi guys,

anyone here racing AC having performance/framerate issues racing online?

I have a decent machine and in benchmark I get 180fps average, over 200 most of the lap. But  join a server and I can barely hold 50, with stuttering and dropped frames, I battle as much against the stutter as against other opponents.

I currently race the Mini but I think this issue may be global, I've had it in previous series, too. It's ridiculous, ACC runs smoother with big grids online, PC2 the same, no issues at all.

I do know that big grids cause big performance hits. But the thing is that my CPU and GPU don't even get maxed out or overheat (I use a HW monitor to check).

I can run most modern games on very high/ultra without problems, including known resource hogs like The Witcher 3, Dying Light et al. But I run a 6 year old game with stutter. Is it really that bad for everyone or is there sth wrong with my system somehow?

I have everything turned off or very low, no AA, no reflections, no smoke etc. In fact it doesn't seem to matter so much, between cranking it up or turning everything off there is little comparatively difference in performancwe which leads me to believe it's not a GFX card issue.

My system is an Alienware R4, 2017 model:

Nvidia GTX 1070 with 8GB dedicated RAM
i7 - 7700HQ @ 2.80Ghz
32GB RAM
2x 1TB SSD

Surely it can't be because of low system specs?

My connection is very good, too. usually below 50ping and I'm on a 600Mbit symmetric line.

Is this a known thing or do i need to look at fixing sth in my system?

Thanks all Smile

Chris
Some users have reported that the Mini mod has some heavy 4k skins.
(09-10-2019, 08:57 AM)simracingsystem Wrote:  Some users have reported that the Mini mod has some heavy 4k skins.

Thanks for that!

Is there a way to run races without allowing skins, just using vanilla colours?

Cheers

Chris
I think you have to delete custom skins, than they will become white
(09-10-2019, 09:40 AM)Matteo Venuti Wrote:  I think you have to delete custom skins, than they will become white

Cool, thx, I'll try that now Smile

Cheers

Chris
(09-10-2019, 09:40 AM)Matteo Venuti Wrote:  I think you have to delete custom skins, than they will become white

That made a huge difference! Everything back up to high, filtering back on, reflections back on, smoke, post processing ... and I'm still seeuing better framerates and smoother gameplay.

Thanks very much!

Chris

P.S.: Instantly did the fastest lap at Tor - if only it were that easy every time Big Grin