Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
New Assetto Corsa series starting August 12!
I wouldn't go all ultimatum about it, but I do agree that there are more repeats than I'd like to see. I typically only race two series every season, and sadly one of them falls on a repeat (the Praga). A major part of the fun of SRS is the livery creation... and the repeats mean I either have to just use my old skin, or spend the time re-painting it just for the hell of it (not likely).

Just about every news thread announcing the new season has repeats, and just about every thread has a comment or two about "awww, this again?" or the like. All we can do is ask the powers that be to mix it up a bit more next time and then try to enjoy the current season as is.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
So for the Ginetta will it be the RHD or the LHD version?
I don't want to add another negative post because SRS is amazing but a little bit more track variety would be great
I like choices like Tatuus @ Montreal or Praga @ Mosport, maybe I've raced too much AC but I'm bored of Imola, Monza, Spa, etc.
On iRacing members can decide the track schedule by voting, maybe something similar is possible? Something like 1 serie decided by voting Smile
(08-10-2019, 07:17 PM)Kaden Russel Wrote:  So for the Ginetta will it be the RHD or the LHD version?
Both versions are disponible
Sorry that was me and my fat fingers rating this thread 4 stars on my phone. Tried to click 5 and I can't change it! Looking forward to the next season--see you on the track!
(08-10-2019, 08:04 PM)Tanguy Queguineur Wrote:  I don't want to add another negative post because SRS is amazing but a little bit more track variety would be great
I like choices like Tatuus @ Montreal or Praga @ Mosport, maybe I've raced too much AC but I'm bored of Imola, Monza, Spa, etc.
On iRacing members can decide the track schedule by voting, maybe something similar is possible? Something like 1 serie decided by voting Smile

The car/tracks of the series hosted by YouTubers are decided by them, and I think that some of them do some kind of voting in their channels.

I'm also disappointed about the next season series. I think it's ok to repeat cars if they become very popular, but there are another ones like the AE86 that are here every 2 seasons and never have full grids, and another ones like the Skippy that are popular but every week have less drivers.
I do like the selection this time, glad to se the Praga getting used, its a great car.

It swings and round abouts, if a car is popular, then why not re-use it?

I wish the RSR F3 or the Caterham would be used, amazing MODS for AC. About time the Seat Leon TCR car made a re-appearance LOL (just saying)

But overall, a good selection of cars, imho

Shaun
only promising for me was old minicooper when saw new season selections (skip barber 4,5 months in total in a row , F3 3 months) but try it for some laps at silverstone 67 but i do not know what to say :-( ,  car feel weird on steering and try spin in every corner,    not able drive it any near like this  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ppTh3TYtA

maybe some setup tweaks will help but on default it is realy bad,

this car is realy small in real but in AC from cocpit it look like bigger car than rest cars in AC
As far as track variety, I'd love if we could use Terra21's Midohio and Lime Rock. There's more at their channel. Can't wait for Long Beach to get finished as it's WIP and I'm sure I'm not the only one Smile

For cars, ASR Formula's 1991 Ferrari 643 is one of my favourite F1 mods in AC.

And I'd like to see some old heavy American muscle car or TransAm included into the calendar Smile_
(08-10-2019, 04:08 AM)Hi I never played AC and I see several versions in Steam  . What AC version do i need to participate?.Thank you simracingsystem Wrote:  New Assetto Corsa series starting August 12!

We are delighted to announce the new Assetto Corsa series!

1 hour Daily Series
We will continue to provide championships for different regions:
  • Ginetta Super Cup America: 01:00 GMT only on Saturdays & Sundays
  • Ginetta Super Cup Asia: 14:00 GMT
  • Ginetta Super Cup Euro: 20:00 GMT
Fuel consumption:200%, Tyre wear:170% & pit window 00:10 - 00:50.
Cars: Ginetta Super Cup (left & right wheel models)

Youtuber series
Some youtuber series will feature  one or more rounds with 20 min qualy + 1 hour race.

Euro youtubers
  • Tuesdays - Random Callsign - Toyota AE86
  • Wednesdays - Gamer Muscle - Skip Barber
  • Thursday - Aussie Stig - RSS F3

America youtubers **
  • Tuesdays Jean vs Zerobandwidth - Renault RS01
  • Thursdays - Sim Racing Paddock - BMW M4
  • Fridays - The Simpit - Mclaren F1 GTR - all races 1h

20 min Daily Series
  • Mini Cooper S (fixed setup)
  • Praga R1 (fixed setup)
  • Tatuus