Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC2 Indycar Issue
This has to do with the Indycar race that took place on August 3rd @ 1800 GMT. 

The game had a few issues, namely: 

1. Qualification order seemed to not matter for the rolling start. I qualified for 6th but started 3rd. I think it was because I was the 3rd (or 4th) person to hit 'Ready' at the pre-race menu. I use CrewChief, and I was briefly warned to return to P6 before the race start, but nothing happend after that. I couldn't see anyone behind me on the rolling start, so I continued on. 

2. Somewhere mid-race, I got a blue flag for a faster car approaching, even though I was 1st and didn't pit to cause that. I thought it was due to problem number 1, so I let the person by. 

3. At the end of the race, the game just hanged. Eventually all cars pitted (via AI) but nothing happend. I was the last to leave the match after being stuck in the pit. I believe PCars2 does not count the race if the driver retires or exits before it skips to the end-race menu, where you can see the race results and save the replay. Due to that I didn't get to save a replay for the race. 

Not sure if anyone else faced the same issue, so curious to find out what was happening in that match.

Any ideas?
It seems people need to stay on the server until PCars2 returns to the main lobby otherwise they won't show up on the results.
There are no results for that race.
I was in this race too. I qualified in 3rd position and at the beginning of the race all the cars started to move and mine and another player who came after me did not walk, I accelerated and turned and nothing happened ... I lost about 10 seconds of the other pilots. At the end of the race the autopilot gave one lap on the track and entered pit lane like all the other players but the leaderboard did not appear. Then I waited about 2 minutes and decided to leave the lobby as the other pilots did.
(08-03-2019, 10:33 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  It seems people need to stay on the server until PCars2 returns to the main lobby otherwise they won't show up on the results.
There are no results for that race.

I was worried that would be the case. Out of curiosity, does the server record game stats (position, lap time, warnings, etc.) as the race is going on? It would be interesting if there was a restorative mode for the odd cases where the race is complete but the server is unresponsive or crashes, assuming this is a common issue and it warrants implementing some form of resilience.

(08-03-2019, 10:49 PM)Rodrigo Marreiros Wrote:  I was in this race too. I qualified in 3rd position and at the beginning of the race all the cars started to move and mine and another player who came after me did not walk, I accelerated and turned and nothing happened ... I lost about 10 seconds of the other pilots.  At the end of the race the autopilot gave one lap on the track and entered pit lane like all the other players but the leaderboard did not appear. Then I waited about 2 minutes and decided to leave the lobby as the other pilots did.

I guess that explains why I started in P3 instead. That was a really odd start.
As a followup, I attempted the same race today (August 4th) @1800GMT and none of the above issues were present. The race came to completion but for some reason my participation was not logged on SRS. I waited until the game returned me to the lobby, and it seems like I was the only one whose participation was excluded. Could this and the above issue have something to do with my own network setup, or perhaps PCars2 extensions (apps) that I am using? I use CrewChief and vrHive for reference. I can attempt the series or another one again and see if another problem arises.
your name doesn't show in the result files.
That happens if you leave before the race is over and the game returns to the main lobby.

If you ensure that you were there until the end, I'm afraid I can't see what might be wrong.

VR shouldn't make any difference, I use it. Regarding the plugins, I don't have an answer, try what you said.
(08-04-2019, 10:40 PM)Mohamed Al-Hussein Wrote:  As a followup, I attempted the same race today (August 4th) @1800GMT and none of the above issues were present. The race came to completion but for some reason my participation was not logged on SRS. I waited until the game returned me to the lobby, and it seems like I was the only one whose participation was excluded. Could this and the above issue have something to do with my own network setup, or perhaps PCars2 extensions (apps) that I am using? I use CrewChief and vrHive for reference. I can attempt the series or another one again and see if another problem arises.

Mohamed,
I had the same issue in another PC2 race where I finished the race normally and waited until being returned to the Race Lobby but my race participation was not recorded in the results.
(08-05-2019, 09:04 PM)Chris Burnell Wrote:  
(08-04-2019, 10:40 PM)Mohamed Al-Hussein Wrote:  As a followup, I attempted the same race today (August 4th) @1800GMT and none of the above issues were present. The race came to completion but for some reason my participation was not logged on SRS. I waited until the game returned me to the lobby, and it seems like I was the only one whose participation was excluded. Could this and the above issue have something to do with my own network setup, or perhaps PCars2 extensions (apps) that I am using? I use CrewChief and vrHive for reference. I can attempt the series or another one again and see if another problem arises.

Mohamed,
I had the same issue in another PC2 race where I finished the race normally and waited until being returned to the Race Lobby but my race participation was not recorded in the results.

Were we in the same race Chris? 

Seems like you had the same issue as I did. Are you using any additional apps for the game?

(08-05-2019, 01:33 AM)simracingsystem Wrote:  your name doesn't show in the result files.
That happens if you leave before the race is over and the game returns to the main lobby.

If you ensure that you were there until the end, I'm afraid I can't see what might be wrong.

VR shouldn't make any difference, I use it. Regarding the plugins, I don't have an answer, try what you said.
Yes I waited until I was returned to the lobby. I meant to say I use the vrHive app, not VR, but I will do as you said.