Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Split Assignment.
Hey everyone! I was wondering how splits work for all the different Racing Series and what qualifies drivers to be in them. 

My first ever race on SRS I was put into first split and had the best race with the TT Cup series in my short-ish (so far) AC experience. People were respectful, quick and decisive when battling and I finished like 6th out of 24 or something with only a minor paint-trade with another driver and it was awesome. But ever since then I have been put into the second server and it's almost always a bit of a mess. I have gotten tapped from the back, sideswept from the side when I have conceded most of the road to the passing driver, and very recently I even had someone turn hard left into the apex where I am and taking us out both (I had the inside line way before we got into the corner btw).I still gave him back the place cause I felt guilty for some reason but on second thought I shouldn't have... :// Worst thing is that I've lost the podium and even the chance for race wins with all those incidents.

Edit: I'm not at all saying I'm an amazing driver or anything, I'm not that deluded but at least I'm not dangerous. ://

My first thought is that splits get decided on Rating. I have around 270 Rating and I think a 1.4 Incident Avg but I only have 8 races under my belt so far. Any useful info will be greatly appreciated!

(P.S: Not to say everyone on the second server is bad, there some awesome people on there, but still, there are a lot of selfish wanna-be hotlappers too. Just sayin'  Heart )
First week your SRS rating, after that championship points play bigger part. So, basically, if you race every week in a season and collect more points, you'll get first split in like a week two or three (depends of popularity), or if your rating is high enough you'll "jump". Not sure how high it has to be to compensate missing races, but I think at least 500-600+

And don't worry about those incidents, plenty of those happened to me this week in F3 top split. Big Grin
Hmm, so participation and being in the points is just as important as rating it sounds like. Thanks for the tips!
Yeah, unless you have high rating, collected championship points for that series take precedence. So unless you are regular participant in that series, you'll probably get lower seed. But even if you are regular, if enough people with very high rating register, you'll get pushed down. But that's not too common, AFAIK. I've seen only one post mentioning how somebody who wasn't regular in a series, with like 700 rating registered, and the the guy who was fighting for a championship was moved to server two and "robbed" of fair chance to fight (win on server 1 is not equal to the win on server 2).

You have some details here:

http://www.simracingsystem.com/regulation.php

EDIT: this is the thread I've mentioned: http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=6419
Yeah, I'm starting to understand it a lot more now, thanks!