Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRS Protest system change
Hey guys! I came up with an idea of changing form of protests from reviewing it by SRS admins to voting if someone should be punished or not. It would clearly speed up the process and it would be easier to admin as he wouldn't need to spend time on it instead. The idea is to make a new sub-page with protests and let's say just two buttons: 'penalty' and 'no penalty' under every video plus maybe a place to add your comment to express yourself why you voted for it. What do you think?
i'll just put in what i wrote on discord. In theory voting on it is not a bad idea but im not sure it would work on a public forum like this.

what if i have a lot of friends that vote no penalty for me? or i happen to be a popular youtuber and ppl just lets you get away with it.
Also leads to the problem that you would see who reported you, and maybe the people are less than nice next time on track.
Even if you make the report anonymous, the video could show a custom skin making it easy to identify.

And what about its not the same people that vote on every incident, then there is the same criticism as in F1 with different stewards ruling differently.
The American Presidential election is an open vote platform, look what can happen!
The US elects (or appoints) it’s presidents with an electoral college, our vote really is more of an opinion, they, the college, must have been hungry, so we end up with a Cheeto. Perhaps next time heads will be pulled from backsides, but don’t count on it. Thought that needed to be cleared up. Ah, SRS is not going to change the protest system.
(07-23-2019, 04:07 AM)Jim C Russell Wrote:  Ah,  SRS is not going to change the protest system.

This right here. Sorry.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Yeah, well. It used to be faster in 2017 and 2018. When I made a protest, it was solved mostly one week later, but often it took like 2-3 days. Now, in 2019 it is taking a little longer, last time I made a protest, it took 1-2 months to solve it, while some of the protests and bans resulting out of them are even deciding the championships. I mean, what can I do, I am just saying it is taking longer than it did before, but sometimes in case of a championship, it would be great to have the protest solved in less than a week.
NEVER GIVE UP!
It would be great of protests were processed within a week or so, but the system suggested by Krzysztof won't work well. As said above, too easy to game by people with many friends in the game. Also what if no one bothers to vote on a particular protest? What if votes are evenly split?
we are aware that rating systems are not perfect and drivers must have a way to protest against some actions.
Note that close racing can sometimes lead to incidents where the blame falls 50/50, analyse carefully before you protest.
There are some restrictions that you must consider:
  • Protest form is only available inside SRS Assetto / RRE  App under the 'Race' menu;
  • Protests are only possible for races completed on the last 48 hours;
  • Participation on the race where the incident has occurred is required;
  • You must select the race with the correct schedule where the incident occurred;
  • You must select the name of the driver that was involved on the incident;
  • You must provide a small description of the incident;
  • You must select the lap where the incident took place;
  • You must provide a link to an uploaded video that clearly shows the incident from cockpit and TV cameras with names visible;

Failure on these items will invalidate the protest. False protests will result in penalties.
(07-23-2019, 01:02 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  Yeah, well. It used to be faster in 2017 and 2018. When I made a protest, it was solved mostly one week later, but often it took like 2-3 days. Now, in 2019 it is taking a little longer, last time I made a protest, it took 1-2 months to solve it, while some of the protests and bans resulting out of them are even deciding the championships. I mean, what can I do, I am just saying it is taking longer than it did before, but sometimes in case of a championship, it would be great to have the protest solved in less than a week.

we are aware that rating systems are not perfect and drivers must have a way to protest against some actions.
Note that close racing can sometimes lead to incidents where the blame falls 50/50, analyse carefully before you protest.
There are some restrictions that you must consider:
  • Protest form is only available inside SRS Assetto / RRE  App under the 'Race' menu;
  • Protests are only possible for races completed on the last 48 hours;
  • Participation on the race where the incident has occurred is required;
  • You must select the race with the correct schedule where the incident occurred;
  • You must select the name of the driver that was involved on the incident;
  • You must provide a small description of the incident;
  • You must select the lap where the incident took place;
  • You must provide a link to an uploaded video that clearly shows the incident from cockpit and TV cameras with names visible;

Failure on these items will invalidate the protest. False protests will result in penalties.  ...............................................................................................................................................

(FALSE protests should result in a penalty and i bet he has so many FALSE protests)

(07-23-2019, 01:02 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  Yeah, well. It used to be faster in 2017 and 2018. When I made a protest, it was solved mostly one week later, but often it took like 2-3 days. Now, in 2019 it is taking a little longer, last time I made a protest, it took 1-2 months to solve it, while some of the protests and bans resulting out of them are even deciding the championships. I mean, what can I do, I am just saying it is taking longer than it did before, but sometimes in case of a championship, it would be great to have the protest solved in less than a week.

I would love to know how many ridiculous protest forms he has to review just to say "racing incident" and i also would like to know how many drivers have had a penalty for filing a false protest. Same amount that gets penalized for not showing up to a race after reg., rules say if you dont show up and get a DNF, you will be suspended. edit: i cant even find the rules anymore, but it was there. edit: maybe RULES should be in quick access forum so drivers can find it while in the forum. http://www.simracingsystem.com/regulation.php .... http://vvcap.com/lWRCoZQBR 2 different locations for some rules ..... never did understand the NO CHAT ALLOWED rule....we all break that rule...... http://vvcap.com/dzFT9rkX9 ALL the rules that could possibly result in a penalty should be in one link for quick access.
Never realized chat wasn't allowed hehe. Usually it's a better sign when everybody s chatty (at least before the race)
(07-23-2019, 04:23 PM)James Blint Wrote:  Never realized chat wasn't allowed hehe. Usually it's a better sign when everybody s chatty (at least before the race)

Same here. I always assumed that this rule was during the race, to prevent discussions that could break the concentration of some drivers (although I think one can just turn off the chat during the race). It is nice to have a friendly chat before and after a race. Why would this be prohibited? Perhaps because some people curse? Then punish cursing.