Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sim noob loving VR but!
Hi all, 

I'm Moe, from NYC. VR in Assetto Corsa is incredible and I'm still new to it. If anyone can answer this question much appreciated: I installed Sol/shaders successfully and it looks INCREDIBLE, but does it work on SRS? Even if weather and time are static in SRS (are they?) are the graphical improvements there when I load into an srs race? Can't seem to tell, just finished a DTM 90s series @ spa. Looks great regardless but some input would be great.

Hope to see you all on the track!
Hey Moe, I use VR and agree, it's incredible. There's no going back to monitors after racing in vr. I have Sol and Shaders and race everyday in SRS. I don't think SRS uses Sol but I'm pretty sure it uses Shaders because I've had times where the track was all dark or my mirrors were just black or the track was all washed out and it was because I had one of the latest shaders that wasn't compatible with SRS yet. All you have to do in that situation is go into Content Manager and go back to a more stable version of Shaders. Works every time. I'm currently using preview 140 and it is working fine.
(07-21-2019, 12:12 PM)Jason Schofield Wrote:  Hey Moe, I use VR and agree, it's incredible. There's no going back to monitors after racing in vr. I have Sol and Shaders and race everyday in SRS. I don't think SRS uses Sol but I'm pretty sure it uses Shaders because I've had times where the track was all dark or my mirrors were just black or the track was all washed out and it was because I had one of the latest shaders that wasn't compatible with SRS yet. All you have to do in that situation is go into Content Manager and go back to a more stable version of Shaders. Works every time. I'm currently using preview 140 and it is working fine.

I believe the Shaders Patch adjusts the graphics on your system, no matter if your online or not. 
The SOL part does not work online unless the server your on has it installed.
SRS doesn't use SOL and most likely never will.
(07-21-2019, 12:12 PM)Jason Schofield Wrote:  Hey Moe, I use VR and agree, it's incredible. There's no going back to monitors after racing in vr. I have Sol and Shaders and race everyday in SRS. I don't think SRS uses Sol but I'm pretty sure it uses Shaders because I've had times where the track was all dark or my mirrors were just black or the track was all washed out and it was because I had one of the latest shaders that wasn't compatible with SRS yet. All you have to do in that situation is go into Content Manager and go back to a more stable version of Shaders. Works every time. I'm currently using preview 140 and it is working fine.

Thanks Jason, yeah I'm using preview 140. I guess it has been applying the Shaders but the weather preset on the server side has been set to one of the default AC weather options. Just wanted to be sure.

(07-21-2019, 02:53 PM)Jay Gabriel Wrote:  

I believe the Shaders Patch adjusts the graphics on your system, no matter if your online or not. 
The SOL part does not work online unless the server your on has it installed.
SRS doesn't use SOL and most likely never will.

Ah, I figured the weather in SRS was a server side preset. That's unfortunate, SRS would be spectacular with some series running with SOL + accelerated time. 
That said, it's been great as is and good to know the Shaders Patch is being applied. Thanks Jay