Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disconnected from server issues
I've had around 5 races in total and really enjoying the racing. However in 3 of the races I see a message about a problem communicating with the server and I'm the only one on track. I exit the race, then click on join in the srs app and I end up back in the race in the pits, of course a lap down. Today it happened on lap 5 in the 10.00pm porsche gt3 race and I was in 6th position. Any tips on maintaining a good solid connection to the servers?
-- Joe Blow.
It happened to me too but in few ocassions, maybe 1 or 2 times in a month (not always in SRS).
Are you using wifi? Does it happen only in SRS servers or in AC in general?
(02-11-2017, 11:21 AM)Richard Dees Wrote:  It happened to me too but in few ocassions, maybe 1 or 2 times in a month (not always in SRS).
Are you using wifi? Does it happen only in SRS servers or in AC in general?
Thanks for replying. I haven't tried the basic AC online sessions, but I've done multiplayer in Dirt Rally, and flight sims... never had a problem. Yes I'm using wifi.
Maybe its just an punctual issue, it does not make sense that it only happens in AC.

A year ago or so it happened to me regulary, basically I couldn´t make any race without disconnects, but it fixed itself, dunno how (using wifi too).
Maybe in your case it resolves itself too, lets hope it.
Thumbs Up 
I'm upgrading my broadband in a couple of weeks, much faster upload and download speeds, so as you say... fingers crossed it will fix itself.
Thanks again for your comments. Smile
Wifi is never the best option.

If things dont work out i recommend using a powerline ethernet conector, i use one and Works really well.
Thanks for the advice... I might do that, or run an ethernet cable through to the router. Bit of a long run though on a different level in the house, so the ethernet plugs sounds like a better option.
Update: I purchased the TP-Link 1200 Mbps Gigabit Passthrough Powerline Starter Kit from amazon, cost around £50. You get 2 plugs including 2 cat6 patch cables. I've tried a couple of races and can confirm a stable connection in both races. Ping time is a lot less too, so most enjoyable!
Thanks for the advice guys, hope this experience helps anyone else with maintaining a good stable connection.