Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corvette C7 in GT2?
I noticed the 2015 Corvette C7 is featured in the GT2 series this time around. Would it not make more sense to use the 2009 C6 Corvette made by URD? I'm all for adding a car to the series but feel it should be the 2009 C6 not the 2015 C7.
Its pretty apparent that the C7 Corvette has an advantage over the BMW and Ferrari as practically every race is dominated by the car. Hopefully SRS takes note of this. Try the C6 next time!!!!!
I am pretty surprised too, that it wasn't noticed from the championships before. The Corvette has no competition in Ferrari and BMW. Ballast or something would help it
NEVER GIVE UP!
Well, after these several races if you look at the results, it's still the same. A driver in a Ferrari can't beat the other similar driver in a C7R Corvette . The BMW M3 GT2 is an even older car, from 2009. And slower. You can find one or two BMW cars on the grid now.

So I gotta agree this series is a bit of a miss. We basically now got three categories in one GT2 category Big Grin Same with DTM 90s.

There needs to be more research with these multiple cars series. And as SRS works how it works, I would encourage all drivers here to help out and propose cars in discussions here on the forum for the future series like this.
I pointed it out when the ballast subject was brought up a few weeks ago. The 458 is not as far as i would initially think, depending on the circuit it can match the C7 or be up to 1s slower, mostly about how torque or traction is important, overall i would say it's about 0.5s slower. A few comparisons from RSR, mind you this is low temp (10/14), no tyre/fuel rate and supersoft, so impossible to match at SRS high temp, and 2x rates (this is already like having ballasts) :

Laguna Seca
458 1.21.3
C7R 1.20.7

Monza
458 1:46.1
C7R 1.46.2

Nurburgring
458 1.56.5
C7R 1:55.5

Brands Hatch
458 1.22.6
C7R 1.22.0

Imo Ballasts should be as this:

C7R : 100Kg
458 : 50Kg
M3 : 0Kg

We could even include the Porsche RSR with another 50Kg, im not sure exactly how this BoP could be also adjusted with engine limiters and how it would impact further tyre wear and consumption but the easy way is to add ballast as basically +10kg is 0.1s slower. In the same way race pace is usually 1s slower than quali with 90l or so in the tank (as long as you have fresh tyres for a few laps)
yes. all we know this is not GT2 series. it is more multclass. Smile
I was write before few days to SRS, how they can apply BoP(balance of performance).
in that point we can use and porsche RSR. who is fast like vette. Im refer on spa track. on some track RSR is faster then vette, on some is slower. so vette and RSR are equal.
if we need have good balanced races with 4 cars in GT2 class, we need ballast and restrictor set on server for 458, vette and RSR.
ballast is like James said in kg, and restirctor will reduce power on engine.
so, M3 must stay the same, 458 need ballast, vette and RSR need combination of ballast and restrictor.
we can test and suggest BoP. I can set this BoP on private server.
Cool, I'm all for the easiest solution so let's do the ballast thing.
Imo power restriction is better than weight ballast because weight changes also cars behaviour and even braking points while cutting power affects mainly to speed and acceleration.