Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
July 1, AC 20 minute series questions
Hey Guys, sorta new still, had run 19 races in total for the GT3 series last season.  Didn't do the worst but not average either. Basically was always 3-5 seconds behind the rest of the guys on server 1 (notice that decision as to what server you are in is based off points and if you run every week, you look much better than you actually are, like i should definitely be in server 3 and am always in server 1...sigh..lol), so in a race of 10 people i'm dead last, and in a race of 20, i'm running around in 18-20th.  I got semi decent results, like avg finish of 12th, but that's just waiting out the accidents so doesn't really count.  Anyways, really enjoyed first 6 week experience, basically tried to practice after work for 30 minutes to an hour for the first couple days of the week and then would try to race on Thursdays to Sundays one race a day.

So for new season, the RSS F3 is at 8:00pm each night for me, and the Audio TT will be 9:00pm, so I can run either of those series. Any thoughts as to the better one to run for someone still trying to learn and figure out how to gain those extra 2 seconds to stay even with the mid pack guys in a 20 person race?

Would the Audio TT be comparable to the Porsche GT3 2017 that was the car for the GT3 series last season, speed and feel-wise? or completely different?

F3 questions:
-Does the F3 have DRS? and if so how do you use DRS in a race? Hard to do?
-Taking damage at 60% setting in the Porsche last season you could still race on, but would seem to me in an F3 car, would that mean a destroyed wing or something, making car not driveable? or is that not actually the case?
The Audi TT is significantly slower, it's a FF (front engined, front weel driven) so generally a lot of understeer but in my opinion that's good to get comfortable with new tracks and learn to have honest trajectories, not overdriving, etc ... Also you can't really spin it unless you do something really wrong, so it's a safer and easier car, best fit for beginners i would say, much easier than the Porsche GT3 cup (and the F3). You can still have fun races with the "push-to-pass" boosts.
I'll second James's points, but also, since each car/track combination runs for a full week, you can always get a taste of each and see which one you like better. It's hard to imagine a pair of cars more different than the F3 and the TT Cup unless you include street cars. Big Grin
⌈ zerøbandwidth autosports ⌋
https://twitch.tv/zer0bandwidth
https://youtube.com/c/zerobandwidth