Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC2 not using VR with SRS app
i have steamvr installed, having same results with steamvr closed and open.
i press join and the box appears with the sportplay notification and when i press ok it doesnt load into vr.
do you mean right click pc2 to choose play in vr?
If you paste the sportsplay link on the launcher data you can forget the join button, just play in vr like you normally would.use the join button just to know when to start.
I'm Using an Oculus Rift CV1 and much like those above I couldn't get it to launch into VR from the Join Button.
If I have SteamVR open using the VR button at the far top right of steam, the 'Play' button for Project Cars 2 becomes 'Play in VR'.
Using the Join button at this point tells me 'project cars 2 supports VR natively but you have chosen the desktop version, do you want to continue?'

I ended up setting the steam launch parameters with the '-sportsplay 85.10.198.91:27015' switch and begin an SRS session by clicking on 'Play in VR' instead of the Join button on the SRS app.

I've also had to completely shut down (actually exit with the tray icon, not just hide) steam , steamVR and the SRS App after one race to begin another race.  Not doing so left me unable to restart PC2.

Anyway it got me into the race in VR, although it was on my lonesome.  Hopefully others will persevere and get into some races soon.
This did my head in today. I have a Oculus Rift CV1 and I tried seemingly everything.

Surely it can't be that hard?!

So I understand, are you just starting Steam and Steam VR and then launching from the SRS app?
Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2, Dirt Rally, Rfactor 2.
Oculus Rift - Fanatec CSW 2 / V3 Pedals / 1.5 Shifter - i7 9700 / GTX 1080ti / 16Gb DDR4 3000.
no
check the instructions
bottom part
http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=6239
(08-07-2019, 09:23 AM)simracingsystem Wrote:  no
check the instructions
bottom part
http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=6239

Thanks for your help!
Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2, Dirt Rally, Rfactor 2.
Oculus Rift - Fanatec CSW 2 / V3 Pedals / 1.5 Shifter - i7 9700 / GTX 1080ti / 16Gb DDR4 3000.
My work a round was

Start Oculus Home
Start Steam
Start PC2 in VR Mode
when in game Start SRS App

bit long winded but works ok for me aftre many attempts to get it going.

Race and enjoy
(08-27-2019, 07:04 AM)Andy Roberts Wrote:  My work a round was

Start Oculus Home
Start Steam
Start PC2 in VR Mode
when in game Start SRS App

bit long winded but works ok for me aftre many attempts to get it going.

Race and enjoy

My method was:

Start steam
Start Oculus Home
Start SRS App, wait for Join to appear (-sportsplay 85.10.198.91:27015 is added at launch options)
Start PC2 in oculus VR mode through Steam

Tried multiple times and didn't work. I just missed the gt3 Barcelona gp race because of this.

Thanks for the info I' ll try your method next time. Hope it works.
also for cv1 saw this one
steam://rungameid/378860//%20-sportsplay%2085.10.198.91:27015%20-othervr%20-silent