Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first attempt, couldn't join
I tried to join PC2 race just a few minutes ago and it did not work.

Here is what happened:

- I downloaded the app and placed it in E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Project CARS 2\SRSpcars2
- I ran it and logged in (there was a warning from Windows about unknown publisher, but I forced it to run). Steam and SteamVR were running, PC2 was not.
- it showed my "Race" page with 3 races and my correct rating, incidents etc
- when I registered for the race, I could do it but it wasn't showing my avatar and my rating was shown as 0
- at T-5, the Quit button only changed color from black to green
- I clicked on Competition>Race to refresh the page and the button changed to green Please wait
- at T-3 nothing happened
- around T-2.55 I clicked on Competition>Race to refresh the page (like I do in AC), and the button changed to Join
- i clicked Join but PC2 did not start. only a part of the background to the right of race info changed to flat grey
- I tried to Join a few more times but nothing happened

Relevant screenshots:

[Image: Clipboard-2.png]

[Image: Clipboard-3.png]

Actually, after that PC2 wouldn't start from Steam (after I closed the SRS app). When I clicked "PLAY IN VR" nothing happened. I restarted Steam and it still wouldn't start. I had to restart the computer to be able to start it.

Looks like the SRS app for PC2 may need some additional work :-)
I am a steamvr user also and I don't have good news.
steamvr doesn't start by command line...meaning that you will have to put the command line manually on steam launch parameters.

The good news is that it is always the same command
-sportsplay 85.10.198.91:27015
for server 2 and remaining
-sportsplay 85.10.198.91:27017
-sportsplay 85.10.198.91:27019
-sportsplay 85.10.198.91:27021

but you can use always the first
OK, I'll give it a try another day!
Your fix worked for me.

I added -sportsplay 85.10.198.91:27015 to PC2 launch options in Steam.

I started Steam VR (I use Samsung Odyssey+  so a WMR VR headset).

I started the SRS app and registered for a race.

At T-3, once the button changed to Join (after usual refresh with Competition>Race in the App) I started PC2 via the "Play in VR" button in Steam. It started fine and there was only one server in the online server list, which I joined, did 15-min quali and then a 20-min race. Not very interesting as I was alone on the server, I also don't like Algarve and I probably made a poor choice of tyre pressure and the second half of my race was full of spinouts.

Nevertheless, almost everything seemed to work.

The only issue I had (and I do not know if this is by design or something that you will want to fix/change)  is that I had no opportunity to modify my setup between quali and race. On the screen with quali result there was a button "Continue" which moved me immediately to the starting grid and the race started in seconds. In public online races there is normally a lot of time to change the setup.

Oh, and my preference would be to have drivers drive by themselves in the pit lane, not automatically. Also it seemed that there were no penalties for going off track.  But I suspect these may be due to settings for testing.

Anyway, this is very promising, I hope that PC2/SRS will be very popular, and thank you for making it possible and for all your work.

By the way, a simple trick to make switching between SRS and regular online sessions.

Changing launch options to one with purposefully made error (added x in my case: -xsportsplay 85.10.198.91:27015) makes PC2 start into normal online mode. So to go back to SRS, one only has to delete the 'x', not type in the entire option string with server IP and port, or copy & paste it from somewhere,