Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
South American servers
Hello.
    First I want to congratulate you for the excellent service that you are carrying out, being able to run at any time against people from all over the world in an organized and free way is great. 

I think we all know that there are things that can be improved but with effort everything can be achieved. One of those problems is the ping, for being Argentines, we have problems to run smoothly and with the calmness that low-ping gives you. for this what I want to ask you is if there is any possibility of deploying servers in Latin America, I take the opportunity to speak on behalf of club sim racing argentina to offer you the possibility of taking charge of the costs that would imply, be it in brazil, argentina or Chile so that those from southern South America can enjoy one hundred percent of their service.
Hi all, 
Hi SRS,

Club Sim Racing of Argentina is enjoying a great moment with Assetto Corsa.

Our races are of 24 to 28 drivers in each event.
however, we love the SRS service.
SRS is our complement.

There is a reality that we can't reverse ..... and it is the geographical distance with the SRS servers.

The ping is high and affects the quality of our experience.

It has a solution?

We are convinced that there is a solution.

The solution would be to have a series at 00:00 GMT with a server in Brazil, Sao Paulo.

I say Brasil because in this city there are Azure and AWS services.

If the problem is economic or financial .... CSR can help with 100% of the expenses via Paypal.

It's an investment and (like any investment) we are convinced that in the short term it will have its success.

The South American community will grow and SRS will also grow with us.

The objective of this proposal is to improve the quality and I think we are contributing a good idea and resources

I would think that many South American friends will agree.

I would appreciate hearing everyone's opinion.
I agree !!! Big Grin
it would be nice to have a Server in South America
(05-31-2019, 01:15 PM)Luis Mercury Wrote:  Hi all, 
Hi SRS,

Club Sim Racing of Argentina is enjoying a great moment with Assetto Corsa.

Our races are of 24 to 28 drivers in each event.
however, we love the SRS service.
SRS is our complement.

There is a reality that we can't reverse ..... and it is the geographical distance with the SRS servers.

The ping is high and affects the quality of our experience.

It has a solution?

We are convinced that there is a solution.

The solution would be to have a series at 00:00 GMT with a server in Brazil, Sao Paulo.

I say Brasil because in this city there are Azure and AWS services.

If the problem is economic or financial .... CSR can help with 100% of the expenses via Paypal.

It's an investment and (like any investment) we are convinced that in the short term it will have its success.

The South American community will grow and SRS will also grow with us.

The objective of this proposal is to improve the quality and I think we are contributing a good idea and resources

I would think that many South American friends will agree.

I would appreciate hearing everyone's opinion.

Hello, 

As Luis mentioned, in Argentina (And I'm certain it may happen in a lot of other countries in the region) there is an ever growing interest in Assetto Corsa organised competition. SRS is an excellent service, yet sometimes racing in servers overseas or even in NA can become a somewhat difficult experience due to high ping and potential disconnects.

It would be highly beneficial, both for us, the community in this corner of the world, and the service to have dedicated servers from South America. 

Here's hoping that this idea comes to something fruitful for this, often neglected, part of the planet.

Cheers!
Hi! I agree with this! It would be really helpful for our community to have a low ping server! There is a lot of people in Brasil and Argentina who cant race safetly because of lag!
100% agree! A south american server would be nice, I and I see a lot of argentinians/brazilians in some splits
the south america region is full of people who wants to race every day so it would be really nice to have a server in this region
Hi! I agree with this! It would be really helpful for our community to have a low ping server!
Hi ppl! I totally agree, this would be great for the SouthAmerican community!!