Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Setup Market dead?
I'm only a few months in here at SRS and I know they use a lot of mods and some newer cars like the Skippy. But it seems lately that the Setup Market has gone silent. Is nobody sharing anymore? We pass along some setups to each other on Discord here and there, but considering all the newbies to SRS and Assetto I'm surprised by the lack of setups being shared. Any thoughts?
I think the majority of the people that use the setup market don't know how to tune a car so they just mine the best setups from the app. The tuners don't really have any incentive to share their setups, especially in SRS, because a good setup will result in more championship points for the driver. Also, you don't have to register to download setups, but you do have to register to upload setups, so maybe that turns some poeple off. I recommend the app to everyone I know because it has helped me become a much better driver. I would love to see more people uploading setups as well.
(05-28-2019, 12:03 PM)JasonĀ Schofield Wrote:  I'm only a few months in here at SRS and I know they use a lot of mods and some newer cars like the Skippy. But it seems lately that the Setup Market has gone silent. Is nobody sharing anymore? We pass along some setups to each other on Discord here and there, but considering all the newbies to SRS and Assetto I'm surprised by the lack of setups being shared. Any thoughts?

I found the same. I'm not a great setup make either, but thankfully the series I've raced on SRS so far were cars which were not too complicated. RS500, Caterham, Skippy - you get there in the end if you put in the laps.

I'd definitely have a hard time getting a Formula or GT car setup done for competitve racing, I would definitely need some help there...

Cheers

Chris