Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skip Barber at RBR - any tips?
Hmm, well, I keep 2 wheels on the black stuff but i do it cos I'm faster like that. Going all the way out for me is too unstable and I need to brakle earlier. So I do it because that's how I gain most advantage, not because I'm a fair racer (which I believbe I am).

All the races I have lost this week were to people going way off track but I never felt cheated. If that's how they go faster and it's allowed by the track limits ... it's a bit like the discussion on whether you should serve from below the waist in tennis. It's not against the rules but "traditionalists" say that it's not in the spirit of the game, that you should server from above your head. Others like Roger Federer say that if it's not against the rules and gains you an advantage (offsetting your opponent), then why not try it. After all people server from above the head because they think it gains them an advantage (hammering the ball with most possible power).

So is it cheating to take a line the game allows you to take? I would vote no.

And yes I would vote that cuttinng the chicane at Donninglon is cheating. I think the difference is that here people are trying to get the fastest line into a corner, at Donington they are not taking the corners at all - so they make it a 10 turn track as opposed to a 12 turn track. UI would argue that that' a completely different issue.

I would also argue that we can only obey the rules that exists and not all work with a subjective impression of what they should be. Just like it's not fair that Apple (making billions) pays less taxes than I do (making thousands). It may be morally questionable but you can't hold them accountable if they operate within the law. You need the law to be the judge, not anyone's persoanl opinions on how it should be, otherwise ti would be chaos.

In LFS there was a bug on Aston National where you could crash into the pit wall at the beginning of the straight and you'd be catapulted across the finish line in fractions of a second at the end of the straight - and post crazy fast laptimes. Obviuiosly that's a bug. As is completely leaving out a couple of turns at Donnington. Extra wide track limits in my opinion are not a bug. They should just be set right, like on most all other tracks. But while they're not - use as you see fit.

As I said, I lost 4 races to drivers doing it, never felt that i was cheated ... and also know that these drivers would be faster than me on any other line, too Smile

Cheers

Chris
Just the same like Chris here. I tried but I have not the skill to drive over the kerb in a safe way, so... I brake early. I don’t know how much faster It would be for me, but just now It’s slower for that reason. To explore track limits is a skill too, and I don’t have it, I have enough handling with the rest of the car and track varuables
Shaun Clarke Racing team.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXFr32FURbIpcY7IAMUaO7A
At end of the day we all have the same track limits. I agree it probably would be penalised in real life to put all wheels out like that but this is not real life and that is where the track limits are for this game, so that is what you have to use. Any racing driver will use all the track available to them. I would welcome an update that changed the track limits but until that happens you have to use all the track.
And for the record I was one of those using that part of the track.