Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Flags
Hi everybody,

I just want to remind other players to check sometimes if a blue flag appears on the top left corner.

If this happens, probably, the driver behind you is at least one lap forward and you "need" to let him pass.

I join this beautiful server for two weeks, and of course, I'm a really mediocre driver, but it's really frustrating to be bumped by a driver 2 or 3 laps behind.

Some misunderstanding could happen but if you are 20th you cannot brake like as hell with the driver in position 1st.

And last but not least, my incident average keeps increasing, and honestly, I think 50% of counting is not my direct fault.

Sorry for this post but the lack of the basic "racing" respect really drive me crazy!!
Unfortunately the people who don't understand Blue Flags typically do not frequent these forums. In other words, everyone reading this agrees with you. You are preaching to the choir, as it were. Smile
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Unfortunately, in virtual races, this kind of problem has always existed and will always exist, which is shameful. Remember that there is a protest form if you wish to do so.
Hi there,
I just wanted to add to this. Last night i was in a race where there was a typical large accident at the start of the race, which allowed me to pass a lot of cars.
Towards the end of the race, i had some cars coming up behind me, and I looked around and couldn't see any blue flags showing up, so I figured I had position and decided to defend.
Well...turns out I was being a cock and holding up the race leaders (as I found out to my complete embarassment when one of them was kind enough to message me after the race and politely requested I pull my head in).
After receiving the direct message, I did some googling and found out that A/C has an issue showing flags in VR.

I downloaded the below mod which now shows me flags (who knew! I'd never seen a yellow or blue or even chequered flag in A/C and i just hadn't twigged!)

Note I'm using an oculus rift CV1 and the 1080P flags work for me.
I hope this post helps others avoid my embarrassing mistake.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads...-vr.17416/
Hi
It is a prob with vr, the Crew Chief app helps with that issue. Good racing!
(07-02-2019, 12:58 PM)Daniel Clutterbuck Wrote:  Hi there,
I just wanted to add to this. Last night i was in a race where there was a typical large accident at the start of the race, which allowed me to pass a lot of cars.
Towards the end of the race, i had some cars coming up behind me, and I looked around and couldn't see any blue flags showing up, so I figured I had position and decided to defend.
Well...turns out I was being a cock and holding up the race leaders (as I found out to my complete embarassment when one of them was kind enough to message me after the race and politely requested I pull my head in).
After receiving the direct message, I did some googling and found out that A/C has an issue showing flags in VR.

I downloaded the below mod which now shows me flags (who knew! I'd never seen a yellow or blue or even chequered flag in A/C and i just hadn't twigged!)

Note I'm using an oculus rift CV1 and the 1080P flags work for me.
I hope this post helps others avoid my embarrassing mistake.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads...-vr.17416/

built in Kunos "realtime leaderboard" has a color code for cars that are not on lead lap too
You can also simply use Crewchief if that's an issue in VR. The spotter will let you know when you get a yellow or blue flag. With the latest shader patch, some tracks even get the side lights on for yellows.
(07-03-2019, 02:48 PM)James Blint Wrote:  You can also simply use Crewchief if that's an issue in VR. The spotter will let you know when you get a yellow or blue flag. With the latest shader patch, some tracks even get the side lights on for yellows.

Which patch James?

And for the actual topic. As Rusell says you are preaching to the choir, I would even say that people writting here are not usually lapped at all lol.
I play on VR and use the realtime leaderboard and have no problems whatsoever.
(07-03-2019, 03:38 PM)Jorge Carrion Wrote:  
(07-03-2019, 02:48 PM)James Blint Wrote:  You can also simply use Crewchief if that's an issue in VR. The spotter will let you know when you get a yellow or blue flag. With the latest shader patch, some tracks even get the side lights on for yellows.

Which patch James?

And for the actual topic. As Rusell says you are preaching to the choir, I would even say that people writting here are not usually lapped at all lol.
I play on VR and use the realtime leaderboard and have no problems whatsoever.

I think all recent releases have this feature on but you might need to download the track config files for it as well (directly from CM now). For example on Imola, race warning lights can turn yellow, usually you find those before blind corners, also on the Nord and many others.

ps: Youtube turned my vid into a VHS tape at the beginning, nice.
I'm new and will probably be lapped. Thanks for pointing out the blue flag. I'll do my best to stay out of the way Smile