Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Go MINI Cooper Racing With AussieStig
(06-17-2019, 03:58 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Probably best to stick to one version of a car throughout an entire season. This would require the AC Mod thread to not point to the main page for RaceDepartment mods but instead point to a specific version number download page... which has yet to happen... so this seems like a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

I sort of agree, but see my post above.  If I know the car could be improved, to improve the racing, then why should I not update it mid season?

I would love to release a mod and say "that is it, get on with it" but I can't as people that know me, will tell you, I strive for the best, the closest I can get.

If this includes updates, I am sorry, I hold my hands up, but for the greater good?

Regards

Shaun
Cheers for the update did a quick 25 min session. Thing I took from it was the rears liked to lock a little more resulting in the back coming around? That did seem a little more controllable in v1.3?

Could just be me trying to get use to the update.

Is there any plans to do a season 2 with the Mini's as they are a good race?
(06-17-2019, 05:28 PM)Shaun Clarke Wrote:  
(06-17-2019, 03:58 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Probably best to stick to one version of a car throughout an entire season. This would require the AC Mod thread to not point to the main page for RaceDepartment mods but instead point to a specific version number download page... which has yet to happen... so this seems like a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

I sort of agree, but see my post above.  If I know the car could be improved, to improve the racing, then why should I not update it mid season?

I would love to release a mod and say "that is it, get on with it" but I can't as people that know me, will tell you, I strive for the best, the closest I can get.

If this includes updates, I am sorry, I hold my hands up, but for the greater good?

Regards

Shaun

You misunderstand... I'm not saying you shouldn't update your car. By all means, update away.

I'm saying that what SRS does with your update is still up for grabs. Henrique has to see your notice, point to the new download page (if it differs from the last one), update the server with the new files, put a post in the AC Mod thread saying as much, and then hope that half the drivers in the series can download and install an update from the first time they get the checksum error when they join a race they registered for but didn't come to the forums first.

Or, he could simply ignore your newer version until the end of the season and point to the older version directly on the download list.

Which one is less of a pain in the butt on his end? I don't know. But given that this entire website is literally about how to make somewhat organized sim racing less of a pain in the butt....
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
I talk to Henrique directly so he knows about the update before it is landed Smile

On that note, DRIVERS DON'T FORGET TO DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION FOR TONIGHTS RACE

Regards

Shaun
I am seriously discussed with a certain drivers standards, I am allowed to defend my line, you are behind me, get over it and be patience

Am I going to make a big deal of it ( considering I have others driver saw it) no I am not, but your cards are marked, so please be careful in the future.

I was taking out on a straight, straight T-Bone to the side, you know who you are, so lefts leave it at that, and also, learn some racing rules i.e defending

If you want to progress this further, then fine, I have all video evidence, so please feel free as it clearly shows you "taking me out"

Regards

Shaun
(06-17-2019, 08:20 PM)Matt Tiplady Wrote:  Cheers for the update did a quick 25 min session. Thing I took from it was the rears liked to lock a little more resulting in the back coming around?  That did seem a little more controllable in v1.3?

Same for me here! I had to setup brake bias higher than 70% to feel comfortable again...and set down brake power a bit to avoid spins...Anyway, great mod!
Season 2 would be breathtaking!
From Tsukuba i use the Brake Bias at 80%, and the Brake Power on 98-99%, I felt extremely comfortable with these settings, and i "fixed" the problem for which you lost the car if you were braking too hard. Btw, this car was very enjoyable, and races were very fun.
I hope for a season 2!
(06-21-2019, 12:05 PM)Raul Rico Wrote:  
(06-17-2019, 08:20 PM)Matt Tiplady Wrote:  Cheers for the update did a quick 25 min session. Thing I took from it was the rears liked to lock a little more resulting in the back coming around?  That did seem a little more controllable in v1.3?

Same for me here! I had to setup brake bias higher than 70% to feel comfortable again...and set down brake power a bit to avoid spins...Anyway, great mod!

Yeah, mine is up around 72% and the pressure knocked down 5%. Still locks a little but its definitely controllable. 

You had a decent race at Silverstone Raul, you just pulled away. Still can't believe I had to do a drive-through.  Dodgy
(06-21-2019, 05:51 PM)Matt Tiplady Wrote:  
(06-21-2019, 12:05 PM)Raul Rico Wrote:  

Yeah, mine is up around 72% and the pressure knocked down 5%. Still locks a little but its definitely controllable. 

You had a decent race at Silverstone Raul, you just pulled away. Still can't believe I had to do a drive-through.  Dodgy

So It was a drivethough, I see you entering boxes but I didn't know why! 
thanks man, I was hoping to have a nicel fight with you ?
See you in The Hell next week ??!
Maybe an early start, or the server was bugged and it gived you a penalty