Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Questions on upcoming May 20 Season for AC..
Hey Guys, will be my first time participating here, really looking forward to it! Got a bunch of questions though:

1) Pretty new to sim racing.  As a beginner, which of the series for the new season would be good to race in? (Is there a couple series worth racing in as a beginner?) 
I assume the GT3 one (America/Asia/Europe.. I live in North America) would be good, GT3 cars are easier to handle, is that correct? Like I heard a McLaren 650 GT3 type of thing would be good?  If the GT3 series is recommended, what be the most beginner-friendly cars in there to get learning on?

2) The 20 Min Daily Series, i see there is one called Skip Barber Racing school, does that actually mean it's for beginners? or just to learn a certain type of car? Are any of the 20 Minute ones good for new racers? (20 minute races maybe better to join that the 1 hour long one I'm thinking, and see there's some weekly versions of those too)

3) - As far as fuel consumption = 200% / Tire =170%..what does that mean? (fuel gets consumed twice as fast if 200%? If so, how do we know how much fuel to have in a car for a race length?)
    - Driving Aids: TC / AB / SC that's Traction Control, ABS and Stability Control correct? What does the '1' or '0' mean, just whether you can turn those on or not, or that they are mandatory off and on? (Side question to that, is it better to turn those things off to get better, or leave them on where allowed when learning?)

4) Is 'full damage' always on for every race? Are full penalties on?

5) I think I bought one of the Race/Track packs for Assetto Corsa, looks like tracks that will be used can be download from SRS, but for Cars, if there's a car we need/want to use, lets say for GT3, I would have to buy that addon through Steam correct?

6) For Pitting, do you ever take the time to change tires, or always just do the 1L of fuel for a mandatory pit? Does tire wear make a difference at all in a 20 minute race? I assume maybe a 1 hour race tire wear might have an impact so you should plan to pit halfway and get new tires in a 1 hour race?

Think that's about all I can think of for now, thanks for replies in advance!

Messages In This Thread
Questions on upcoming May 20 Season for AC.. - by Caleb Avent - 05-18-2019, 04:05 PM