Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Participating in specific series
[quote pid='26945' dateline='1558120546']
But really, unless you are super talented and can get at least one first place finish without any incidents for 6 entire weeks for a particular series, I wouldn't worry too much about championship points. Just register for anything you feel comfy racing and enjoy!
[/quote]

I'm not super talented but I often get a 102 or at least a 98 every week in one of my 5 "allowed" stints. Seeing that at some point some newbie will crash you out (or you take yourself out Big Grin) your average over more than 5 races will almost always hurt you.

So what I do at the mo is to race with 2 licenses: 1 were I stop after 5 races and 1 where I race freely, even drop back into the field when I'm in nomansland somewhere ahead of the pack to enjoy the racing as opposed to just hotlap on my own.

My IDs both have my real name (one is Chris and the other Christoph). So people do know who I am when we race together but I can race as many times as I like without hurting chances to finish in or near the top 10.

It's a pity that the point system actually restricts how many times you can race if you want to finish near the top. None of the top drivers ever races more than 5 times because any incident would ruin their chances of a podium finish at the end of the season. At the same time it's also undertsandable that you can't have infinite shots at getting a 102.

So for me: 1 competitive ID and 1 which I race with as many times as I like.

Cheers

Chris

Messages In This Thread
Participating in specific series - by Caleb Avent - 05-17-2019, 05:20 PM
RE: Participating in specific series - by Chris Herrmann - 05-19-2019, 06:39 PM