Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alfa Romeo GTAM setup
It could just be that I carry more speed down the straight. I can't remember if I changed the gearing for Grobnik. This is what it looks like:

[Image: c6ZgLG8.jpg]
[quote pid='36110' dateline='1586241881']
Thanks for sharing the video! 
I have a 1.40.90 as a personal best, and the main difference I see - more than the driving skills, of course Smile - is in not changing gear in the middle section of the track. Keeping the 3rd gear seems to give a lot of more speed while entering the straights.

I'll keep practicing, I have a lot of time now since I got a 2 weeks suspension Big Grin

Gianluca

[/quote]
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.
Thank you. This corona virus isolation has finally given me enough time to get decent at this game, but I have a long way to go till Im even remotely at that level Smile

Gianluca yes I have also found that that third is the best for that section. I have a question for Steen about the timing of the gear changes though.
According to the power/torque graph of the car the car stops gaining much power or torque after about 6,500-7000 RPM, which is not even in the yellow zone on the limiter.
Would shifting up sooner (in the 6500-7000 RPM range) result in faster lap times? Or are these graphs not a very good indicator of when to actually shift and I should rely on the limiter more?
(04-07-2020, 09:02 AM)I shift between 3rd and 4th, I guess this is why in my setup I use a different gear ratio. But I\ll give a try to this one and keeping the 3rd.Niko Kecek Wrote:  Thank you. This corona virus isolation has finally given me enough time to get decent at this game, but I have a long way to go till Im even remotely at that level Smile

Gianluca yes I have also found that that third is the best for that section. I have a question for Steen about the timing of the gear changes though.
According to the power/torque graph of the car the car stops gaining much power or torque after about 6,500-7000 RPM, which is not even in the yellow zone on the limiter.
Would shifting up sooner (in the 6500-7000 RPM range) result in faster lap times? Or are these graphs not a very good indicator of when to actually shift and I should rely on the limiter more?
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.
(04-07-2020, 09:02 AM)Niko Kecek Wrote:  Would shifting up sooner (in the 6500-7000 RPM range) result in faster lap times? Or are these graphs not a very good indicator of when to actually shift and I should rely on the limiter more?

Hmm, I hadn't even thought about that. It might be faster to change up sooner. Undecided