Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disqualified for not doing the Mandatory Pit (sic)
Sad 
Hi guys, perhaps you can tell me what I did wrong?
So I just drove in my first race: Mazda 787B Euro at Mosport (9pm, 1 hour race). I was running sixth (and last) with about 10 minutes to go, when I was disqualified for not doing the "Mandatory Pit". This is strange because I visited the pits three times and twice (IIRC) within the window. TBH more than one stop was unscheduled and I "teleported" my stricken vehicle to the pits, for which I got penalised 5 and ~40 seconds.
I'd really like to get this right, so please help!
I think you have to add at least 1 L of fuel or change tyres for the pitstop to count towards mandatory pitstop, Did you do that?
I thought I did, but as it turns out I did not. Blush 

Tonight I drove in another 787 race at Mosport, and this time I actually used the pit stop strategy function, instead of stopping in the box and hitting ESC...
A few new graphics appeared: a bar graph for refueling and a overhead view of the tire chang, but more importantly: No more penalties!
So just to clarify and for future reference: (For Assetto Corsa) if you teleport from the pits in any way (stopped in track and using the option in the pause menu or the game closes and when you reopen you are placed in your pit stall) it does not count as a pit stop. The mandatory pit stop consists on entering to the pit lane, either adding at least 1 Litre of fuel, changing tyres or both and leaving the pit lane* (this last one I assume) as part of regular race action.