Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paddle shift and options...
Hi
Im very new to sim racing, and even newer here.
First id like to say thanks to SRS for doing this.
However, im having problems...or am i just restricted to using paddle shifters? I absolutely hate them! 
Ive raced certain cars for practice, before the race, with my H-shifter, only to end up having to use the bloody paddles in the online race!?!?
Im pretty sure this is my end right? Im doing something wrong...
Can someone tell me please there are races here, where i dont have to use the paddles, and give me some advice on how to get my H-shifter to work.
One more thing id like to add, or SRS to add, is more variety in cars or/and servers. Theres absolutely tons of cars available for AC. Id like to see more than one type of car on track too  Big Grin
Id love (for example)to know if/when a race pops up for the Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2, or the X-bow.

Anyways thanks again, from a newbie, who thought he was ready...
AC should always force you to use the correct shifter for whatever you are driving as long as you have both types of shifter bound in the controls section. So yeah sounds like something your end.

Are you using AC launcher or Content Manager? Maybe try re-binding your shifter controls as a first step.

See you on the track!
(05-03-2019, 02:29 PM)Andy Burr Wrote:  Hi
Im very new to sim racing, and even newer here.
First id like to say thanks to SRS for doing this.
However, im having problems...or am i just restricted to using paddle shifters? I absolutely hate them! 
Ive raced certain cars for practice, before the race, with my H-shifter, only to end up having to use the bloody paddles in the online race!?!?
Im pretty sure this is my end right? Im doing something wrong...
Can someone tell me please there are races here, where i dont have to use the paddles, and give me some advice on how to get my H-shifter to work.
One more thing id like to add, or SRS to add, is more variety in cars or/and servers. Theres absolutely tons of cars available for AC. Id like to see more than one type of car on track too  Big Grin
Id love (for example)to know if/when a race pops up for the Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2, or the X-bow.

Anyways thanks again, from a newbie, who thought he was ready...
Hi, i don't know if it helps but i had the same problem and i solved in this way: you might have CM installed and the "car-specific controls" enabled for some cars.
In online races, the game seems to ignore this kind of specific controls so you have to manually change the "general" control preset into one that has H shifter enabled in CM (settings -> assetto corsa-> controls).
i.e. I have 2 preset: one for paddle cars and another for H shifter cars, depending on the race, i switch preset.
Also watch out if you have a controller connected, in my case it gets the priority over my steering wheel.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for the replies chaps!
Yes ive started using content manager recently. Ive not setup the controls through CM...umm because its kinda clustered, and i dont know where much is lol.

in CM (settings -> assetto corsa-> controls) <<< You dont know how useful this is to me Andrea!

I'll go through the setup again.

Thank you very much Smile

P.S. I dont know bout seeing you on the track Alex, most often im in the edge! Yeah i need lots of practice, without the stabilisers.