Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survived my first race! -- Some new questions..
So ran my first race in the Porsche GT3 series. In practice on my own i could run some consistent 133:00-135:00 laps.  Definitely gets a little more tense in a race situation haha!

But I met my goal for the race! Don't cause or be involved in an accident, make it the end, and whenever I saw the blue flag, slow down and get out of the way cleanly.  Was quite happy with the result.  I only got 1 infraction (i don't know what it was for though) I did spin off the road a number of times though, some of it while trying to get out of the way, but was a good start.  I didn't bother qualifying cause I wanted to make sure to start at the back and avoid the first turn accidents, and then drive around on my own mostly.
Got a few questions now after looking at results:

1) I did get 1 infraction is says.  I definitely didn't hit or bump anyone though.  So what would that infraction be? Is that just a normal penalty in game, like cutting a corner or something? Or does that actually mean i did bump someone?  The only thing i could think of was maybe while letting someone past me on the blue flag, they might have brushed up against me or something? 

2) How do those servers work? It says I was on server 4 for the 11:00 race, and I got 5 points for the race, then -3 for the infraction, so got 2 points. Is server 4 where the put the new people? I see the points are worth more on other servers.

3) How does the driver rating work, and where can you view it?  I noticed when i was in the Race page after registering and right before 'joining' the race you could see the ratings.  How do you increase your rating?  Clean racing? finishing a race? .. Does spinning off the track affect your rating? 

4) I thought I read somewhere that you get a penalty or something that affects you driver rating if you Register for a race but don't show up, is that correct? And if so, right after the race I was in, it starts the next race, and I was already registered for it since it brought me back to the lobby and the Practice session was starting.  But I didn't want to do another Race, and I couldn't see anywhere to 'Un-Join'.  I exited the Race, but in the lobby, the Join button was still green and I couldn't click on anything else.  Really hope that doesn't affect my rating! 

Overall that was fun and nerve wracking haha
(05-20-2019, 06:21 PM)Caleb Avent Wrote:  So ran my first race in the Porsche GT3 series. In practice on my own i could run some consistent 133:00-135:00 laps.  Definitely gets a little more tense in a race situation haha!

But I met my goal for the race! Don't cause or be involved in an accident, make it the end, and whenever I saw the blue flag, slow down and get out of the way cleanly.  Was quite happy with the result.  I only got 1 infraction (i don't know what it was for though) I did spin off the road a number of times though, some of it while trying to get out of the way, but was a good start.  I didn't bother qualifying cause I wanted to make sure to start at the back and avoid the first turn accidents, and then drive around on my own mostly.
Got a few questions now after looking at results:

1) I did get 1 infraction is says.  I definitely didn't hit or bump anyone though.  So what would that infraction be? Is that just a normal penalty in game, like cutting a corner or something? Or does that actually mean i did bump someone?  The only thing i could think of was maybe while letting someone past me on the blue flag, they might have brushed up against me or something? 

2) How do those servers work? It says I was on server 4 for the 11:00 race, and I got 5 points for the race, then -3 for the infraction, so got 2 points. Is server 4 where the put the new people? I see the points are worth more on other servers.

3) How does the driver rating work, and where can you view it?  I noticed when i was in the Race page after registering and right before 'joining' the race you could see the ratings.  How do you increase your rating?  Clean racing? finishing a race? .. Does spinning off the track affect your rating? 

4) I thought I read somewhere that you get a penalty or something that affects you driver rating if you Register for a race but don't show up, is that correct? And if so, right after the race I was in, it starts the next race, and I was already registered for it since it brought me back to the lobby and the Practice session was starting.  But I didn't want to do another Race, and I couldn't see anywhere to 'Un-Join'.  I exited the Race, but in the lobby, the Join button was still green and I couldn't click on anything else.  Really hope that doesn't affect my rating! 

Overall that was fun and nerve wracking haha

Congratulations, hope to see your rating improve over time  Big Grin

Right to your questions:

1. I believe you get infractions towards your racecraft, so any offs, spins, corner cuts and collisions will go against you. I know after my first race in Spa with the F3 I ended up with -18.000 on my 'Licence', however, once you get used to the racing, the cars and the tracks you'll start to see it go (hopefully) in the right direction.

2. If you look at the regulation page they will explain that each of the different servers will give off different points for where you finish in a race, The good thing is that this isn't like Formula One where the top ten gets points. As long as you finish, you'll always get points (actually scratch that, if you finish last in server 4, you get zero points), now for the second part of this. It's simple maths, it's the points you earn from the race take away the infractions you had.

3. To see where you're ranked, just click here http://www.simracingsystem.com/standings.php and then look at the road part of it. It will give you a number and just scroll down to that. Also, it's where you'll find the standings for the meetings you entered. So that page will become your friend in the 20 minute race weekends.

4). I don't know much about that one. I know once the race I entered is over, I normally leave. I think it's more for people who no-show even though they entered. Also, if you want to leave a race before it starts. If you've got Content Manager (and it's highly recommended btw) when you log into this site via content manager go to Race there should be the button near the top which says quit. Click it and you won't have to worry about it again.
1. you will get an incident point if you hit an object off the track.

2. Read the regulations: (SRS>Regulation at the top)

On each session, the system can provide up to 4 servers with 20 players per session, depending on the simulator. Servers are filled to full capacity, meaning that if capacity is 20 slots and there are 21 drivers, the 21 driver will be on server 2 and needs to complete qualy and 2 race laps in order to move up on the next race. Failing to complete the 2 laps will imply rating lost.

Server positioning is determined by the drivers performance on the specific series & rating. In the first event only rating matters, then performance gets more weight than rating.

3. The exact formula is not revealed, by generally finishing races high against good racers will help.

4. Yes if you registered for a race and did not show up, you will be suspended for two days. Read SRS > Instructions. When you sign up for a race, you have until 5 minutes before race starts to Quit. When the Quit button switches to Wait (5 to 3 min before race) and then to Join at 3 min mark, it's too late. If you do not race you will be suspended. To avoid that, I think you need to Join, start, and be there for 2 laps or maybe complete to laps. Interesting observations: once I could not race, so I joined, waited out quali, started the race and parked on the grass. Came back just before the end of the race, managed to complete a lap or two and still my rating increased.
1) You either hit somebody or you hit the wall. There's no other reason to get incident.

2) Pretty much yeah. First race of a season, servers are filled based on your rating. Later championship points play a part. You can check out the points distribution here, but points "only" matter for championship positions: http://www.simracingsystem.com/regulation.php Every incident takes away 3 points. If you get 20 incidents in one race, you'll get suspended automatically for a week.

3) Nobody really knows (except of admin, ofc.), but you've got it almost right again. Mostly good positioning and clean racing. Spinning off and cutting track (AFAIK) doesn't affect it as long as you don't hit anything or anybody.

You can view it by going to the Competition/Current standings http://www.simracingsystem.com/standings.php, then selecting Races in the series you were racing, and clicking at View Results for the race (and the server) you were in. There you click on your name and it will show you your basic info. Here's the direct link for your profile, you can bookmark it until you find your way around the site: http://www.simracingsystem.com/srsmember...2siQ%3D%3D

In the in-game app I don't really know because I use Content Manager, but it should be same, just above the list of the races you can register for.

4) Technically you should get 2 days suspension if you don't show up or get DNF. You get DNF by doing less than 3 full laps. Although, I have 4-5 DNFs (technical problems or higher power) and I didn't get suspended, but I would advise you to do it as little as possible. You'll lose 5 rating points for DNF.

You can un-register by pressing Quit in your app (where the Join is, maybe you need to press Race again to refresh it), but you have to do it with at least 5 minutes left until the race. If there's less than 5 minutes, you're committed at that point.

But I think that you got it wrong. You weren't in the new race. It was probably just the server reset. After every race, there's a countdown and new practice session, but it's not a new race. For a new race you need to register again through the in-game app, it won't auto-register you.

And congrats on your first race. Big Grin

LOL, everybody writes at the same time Big Grin
Incidents is any collision with geometry or physics object during OR after a race is over. So cars and walls as well as (on some tracks) cones, distance markers, etc. can cause these collisions. I haven't tested it, but I imagine if you go off roading and hit an angle sloped up enough to ding your damage indicator, that'll essentially count as a wall.

I think everyone else has everything else totally covered. Such a helpful lot, us simracing nerds. Smile
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz