Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rating increase - how does it work???
Guys,
does anybody know how the rating system really works??? I'm gaining less than 0.5 points for a perfect race, starting from pole, taking the victory without any incidents and making the fastest lap... It's really hard to me to improve on drivers rating, and I see a lot of other fellows raising too much points per race than I'm doing...

I'm wondering... Do these races that has less session over the week reward more points??? The greater the race starts, the less point you get per race??? Has the driver's incident average heavy effect on the rating gain on each race??? 

For instance, I'm leading the Evora GX championship... At this time, I have a total of 12 victories and one 3rd place, over a total of 13 races started, and only twice I didn't started from pole... Only twice, I had incidents (one on each race) and in most of the races, I got the fastest lap... And, as far as I remember, my driver rating, at the begining of this championship was 865.xx... After all those well succeeded races, my actual rating is 871.639....

I imagine there is nothing wrong with the rating system... I'm just curious to know how it works, because I imagine I was suppose to have a bettet rating grow than I'm actually having... As our big Boss said: "I'm not desinged to be second, third of fifth. I'm desinged to win!!!"

Cheers,
Bruno
There is nothing wrong, your rating earnings will become more dificult.
(04-26-2019, 11:13 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  There is nothing wrong, your rating earnings will become more dificult.

I understand that, but as I said... I saw lots of guys, even ones with greater rating than me, getting up way faster than I'm doing... 

Cheers, 
Bruno
incidents, missing races, final positions, everything affects your earnings.
You are lucky if you still get 0.5 for a 102 victory, I got about 0.15 for my last one! Seems like after 1000+ races your score is not meant to move much. Sadly that means if you don’t do really well in your first few races it can hurt you by hundreds of points later on. What I could have gained if I had won my first 10 races would probably take me like 500 consecutive wins to gain now.
Getting 0.5 at about 300 starts is good, i guess you gain that because a clean race still improve a lot your incident avg. I get 0.3/0.4 something like that for a 102 since i reached 0.9 avg inc, and i have a bit less races than you, so it also has to do with your inc, not just the starts. I don't think pole or best laps have any influence.
So, as I said... There's nothing wrong with the rating system... And as you guys said, seems that the more races you start, the less rating you gain for a clean victory....

If only I could avoid racing incidents caused by others.... But seems my car is a magneto for other cars that lost control... It's amazing how this does happen to me... I'm sure 90% of my incident count is not caused by me... But, this can happen to anybody, so there's nothing to do about it...

The solution is to keep racing and raising my rating "inch by inch"...

Cheers,
Bruno

P.s.: I wonder if pole position and fastest lap could weight into the rating points... In my humble opinion, everything that reward the fastest driver should be done, because otherwise, drivers start to become too much carefull, and I think racing is about give everything to become as fast as you can, and that's the way I drive... As our big Boss said once: "I'm not desinged to be second, third of fifth. I'm desinged to win!!!"
There's only two things wrong with the rating system as it is right now: Only one man knows how it actually works, and people (at least on the forums) seem to put way too much stock in the number in the first place. I'm guessing if everyone knew exactly how it worked, there'd be no end to discussion on how it could be changed this way and that to "improve" it from the peanut gallery... which is probably why it will remain forever a secret.

So basically everyone should stop caring about it so much, is what I'm saying. Smile
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (a Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Bruno, certainly you have not dropped at the dizzying heights where you are now from nowhere... You will have come up the ranks like everybody else, and you will have experienced the same frustration with incidents we all feel. As a the midfield warrior I am today - an entire galaxy away from where you are - I could use your exact same words about (almost) never causing incidents and my car being a magnet for imbeciles. I think we all know this is the nature of the game - we have to grin and bear. 
Concerning the meaning and value of the rating, I respectfully disagree with some of the comments. Rating, I believe, IS important. If we are racing to achieve and improve ourselves, what other indications do we have that we are indeed improving? If we race just to have fun, that obviously has no meaning, but I think most of the people in the 500+ group are really keen to continuously get better. The formula is secret and not perfect? Nothing in life is perfect, and what we have, I believe, is very good and a strong motivator to race fairly and drive clean.
(04-29-2019, 08:53 AM)Pete Parisetti Wrote:  Bruno, certainly you have not dropped at the dizzying heights where you are now from nowhere... You will have come up the ranks like everybody else, and you will have experienced the same frustration with incidents we all feel. As a the midfield warrior I am today - an entire galaxy away from where you are - I could use your exact same words about (almost) never causing incidents and my car being a magnet for imbeciles. I think we all know this is the nature of the game - we have to grin and bear. 
Concerning the meaning and value of the rating, I respectfully disagree with some of the comments. Rating, I believe, IS important. If we are racing to achieve and improve ourselves, what other indications do we have that we are indeed improving? If we race just to have fun, that obviously has no meaning, but I think most of the people in the 500+ group are really keen to continuously get better. The formula is secret and not perfect? Nothing in life is perfect, and what we have, I believe, is very good and a strong motivator to race fairly and drive clean.

Pete, I totally agree with you about the importance of the rating... Being here to have fun is not my main motivation... I'm here to compete, to beat other great drivers I've already beaten, to improve myself as a competidor when I got beaten and manage to beat the one that beaten me just before... I'm here to try to be the guy with the fastest lap of the week.... For me, that's the beauty of the competition...

I sincerely respect those who doesn't care at all for those things.... For those who register on a race just to have some fun... But I simply can't do it... I'm here to push me, to find my limit and to try to overtake that limit in search for a new limit... I'm here to see one impossible laptime (at first moment), to start to practice and get closer to that impossible laptime, than to reach that and sometimes to beat that, as I did several times... And finally, I'm here to try to catch those guys who are above me on the ranking, because I believe too the main reason for the rating is to motivate ourselves to improve...

Cheers