Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donington Park 2018
This version of Donnington is too much flawled. Here is a list of negative points:

1. The first leg of The Esses (Turn 9) can be cutted.
2. The second leg cannot be cutted, and causes troubles for people who suffers divebombs and want to avoid contacts. Racers no longer divide the turn or take a risk of losing momentum to get the inside line for the haipin. Defending on the inside line is very difficult too, mainly to somebody doesn't know he can cut the first leg. If someone touches you and you spread your line, you get a cut.
3. When you get a cut track penalty at The Esses, the "easier" way to delay the acceleration at the Melbourne Hairpin, and it causes lots of incidents;
4. The old version had a cut, but had a larger tolerance which doesn't mean that there was no punishment, because at cutting you lose speed through the sand and had the tires dirty to the next corner braking (the hairpin).
5. The pitlane outline can be crossed to get more turn in at Turn 1.
I'm not a fan of Donnington indeed, but the old version was very stable and doable than this new one.
Eduardo Sá (ºLº)
(03-30-2019, 11:39 PM)Eduardo Sa Wrote:  This version of Donnington is too much flawled. Here is a list of negative points:

2. The second leg cannot be cutted, and causes troubles for people who suffers divebombs and want to avoid contacts. Racers no longer divide the turn or take a risk of losing momentum to get the inside line for the haipin. Defending on the inside line is very difficult too, mainly to somebody doesn't know he can cut the first leg. If someone touches you and you spread your line, you get a cut.
3. When you get a cut track penalty at The Esses, the "easier" way to delay the acceleration at the Melbourne Hairpin, and it causes lots of incidents;
4. The old version had a cut, but had a larger tolerance which doesn't mean that there was no punishment, because at cutting you lose speed through the sand and had the tires dirty to the next corner braking (the hairpin).
I'm not a fan of Donnington indeed, but the old version was very stable and doable than this new one.

aww c'mon ED, you lost this championship @ Donnie?
(03-31-2019, 08:29 AM)Mike Blaze Wrote:  
(03-30-2019, 11:39 PM)Eduardo Sa Wrote:  This version of Donnington is too much flawled. Here is a list of negative points:

aww c'mon ED, you lost this championship @ Donnie?

Yes, Mike, but to be champion we have to be flawless with no contacts. Of course I should have practice more and have constant laps, but lonely training is very difficult to predict the behavior of other racers and the fps didn't help too. There are very fast drivers and i'm not really the fastest on these car, but trying avoid contacts and be clean is very difficult.
Eduardo Sá (ºLº)
i like the course. i dont like being able to cut corners.
(04-04-2019, 01:10 PM)Bryan Happel Wrote:  i like the course. i dont like being able to cut corners.

But you can on the left side that is the most advantage cut for speed and overtaking.
Eduardo Sá (ºLº)