Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Can we talk about the carelessness in the Lotus Evora GX
I am a really Green racer on SRS..  I spend hours in the cars practicing and still spin out into a wall on T2.   I have only been hit 2x from the rear and only seen 1 pileup.  which from what I have seen online is pretty rare.  Maybe it has to do with the times youre racing?  I know if you see me in there I will sit in the grass until everyone passes me to even begin to try to go again.

Speaking of that.  When i practice and warmup offline i can run a horrid, yet clean lap.  For example Donnington my best time has been a 1:45.4.  Like I said, not fast, but it was a clean lap.  I can repeat that several times, hitting the apex's, running the lines.   Once I go online however I can't hit an apex to save my life.  With my loaded tune I instanly will spin on turn in and smash a wall...  Then the cursing kicks in, I get yelled at by twitch, then i get no viewers lol...  Is the track Surface different?
Yes, the track grip slowly increases throughout the qualifying session.
(05-03-2019, 05:17 AM)Jason Jones Wrote:  Yes, the track grip slowly increases throughout the qualifying session.

So they start off as a "dusty" track? I'm only asking because when i practice I want to have the most realistic session to a race I can get. Right now i don't even worry about battles because I can't even do a lap completely.. Once I stop spinning my next training is going to be staying behind someone and in their slipstream.
(04-09-2019, 03:37 PM)Tanguy Queguineur Wrote:  This happened to me today as I was leading and lapping the first backmarker: https://streamable.com/r0cm6 Big Grin
I didn't protest him, I think it's just how the car is, very easy to lose it. Only a few aliens will feel 100% comfortable in it.
If people want slow, clean and boring racing there's always the daily Abarth serie.

That happened because he wanted to rejoin ahead even after he Made a mistakes. That is where the "clean" racing is missing, he obviously lost for u there, but still he drove like a maniac into the road, hitting the kerb and taking u out... People should use their head apart from their arms.
[img]https://i.ibb.co/xS5Lzhw/IMG-20190503-202629-959.jpg[/img]
(04-26-2019, 09:11 AM)Dennis Ipenburg Wrote:  With regards to the incident: you were right, he was wrong. But do you REALLY believe that players deserve to be suspended just because he made a judgement error?
Yes, becuase SRS is a closed list for people driving safely. You are free to commit mistakes and ruin other drivers` races in public servers all you like. You do it in SRS, you`re on your way out.
(04-26-2019, 05:12 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  
(04-26-2019, 09:11 AM)Dennis Ipenburg Wrote:  Exactly this. Say that someone did divebomb you in a corner. You feel he's in the wrong and want to report him. You've already got a triggerhappy finger when it comes to reporting, so you have the form finished in seconds. 

Dude that crashed into you didn't deliberately run into you. He simply made a mistake. Yet, 5 weeks after you filed the report you get the SRS message that he got suspended for 2 weeks because you reported him. 

No one has a "trigger happy finger when it comes to reporting." It's kind of a pain in the ass. Even folks that streamline their reporting process and merely throw a clip from twitch have to go through SOME ordeal to report folks. My personal workflow is quite a bit more involved... I have to transfer the replay from one PC to another, record it from whatever POV in OBS, throw the clip or clips into Divinci Resolve, add subtitle texts so the viewer knows what they are looking at, render it, upload it to my youtube channel. Then copy the video URL into the form AND type out a blurb about what the offense is. The filling out the form is the easiest part of the process.
Russell, the process for recording on PC is also way easier if you use Shadowplay or whatever the AMD graphics card version is called, either record the race live and then put the clip into the editing suite of choice and cut the parts required, or if you use something like Content manager, you can open up the replay there and record what you need from there.

Like I've said in a couple of different posts, Sunday I lost my cool at Paul Richard and may have acted unprofessionally (I do try my best to be as clean and consistent on the track as possible*) but I am also aware that sometimes the heat of the moment (Either by having someone not taking the right action to return to track, break checked etc) tempters can fly up.

I had one race in a different series, where the I got hit from behind and to be fair the guy messaged me and apologised for wrecking both our races. So it's down to the driver how they act before, during and after the race.

*By professional, I mean not doing the double move on break zones (as shown in the Mexico clip shown in this thread), if I miss the apex make sure that there is no one around to collect or impede while returning and importantly not go and crash into anyone on purpose. Also, when there is an issue with the car I try to get as far off the racing line or the track as possible.
When you posted protest is that the video you presented? if so that is likely why no action taken. Video must show offending car outside with name displayed i.e from car behind or track camera. Must also have dash cam from offending car.
(05-15-2019, 06:33 PM)Steve Allan Wrote:  Russell, the process for recording on PC is also way easier if you use Shadowplay or whatever the AMD graphics card version is called, either record the race live and then put the clip into the editing suite of choice and cut the parts required, or if you use something like Content manager, you can open up the replay there and record what you need from there.

Straight Shadowplay clips is TYPICALLY not enough evidence for a valid protest if all you have is your POV, unless your POV really clearly shows the driver name of the offender and it is blatantly obvious what they did wrong. Using the replay to capture other POVs is certainly the way to go. My particular setup is only odd because I like doing video editing at a video editing workstation instead of my simrig. Smile

(05-16-2019, 09:55 AM)Kees Post Wrote:  My friend got banned for hitting someone full speed after the race had ended on silverstone. Why did he do this? Because the guy decided to divebomb in the final to last turn from over 200meters back, crashes out my friend and then doesn't stop to give back position. Is it okay to do that? No it isn't, but getting banned for that? Questionable. It's been months, several emails and pm's later and still no response. I don't know how many admins review stuff here, but I guess that's where the inconsistency comes from. 

The fact that it happened after the race? It's not always clear to all users that incidents count after they cross the finish one last time. However, that still doesn't mean your friend has the right attitude to race here given what you are saying about the incident. Revenge wrecking at anytime is pretty frowned upon... I thought at one point it was even in the rules specifically that this was a zero tolerance policy, but I don't see it there at this time.

As far as your posting what I guess is protest videos? I highly discourage that. That's very much against the rules here. It's stickied in a post on every subforum: http://www.simracingsystem.com/announcements.php?aid=3

To that end, I won't comment on any of those links. Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
"...crashes out my friend and then doesn't stop to give back position. Is it okay to do that?"

According to the rules it is ok do that. There is no requirement for a person to give back a position gained due to contact, or for any other reason. The consequence for contact, is contact points which effects your overall rating. If you feel the pass was illegal in some way, you should file a protest form.

Watch any type of racing IRL and you will never ever see a person give back a position because of contact, it only seems to be expected in simracing for some reason.
You are correct that it is technically okay to do that. But if you do something boneheaded put someone off track and you keep going, expect to get a protest filed against you. These aren't simulations of professional races since none of us are professional drivers and there is no money on the line. It should all be in good fun, so if you bork someone up, why not safely* allow them back in front of you? It's just Internet Points points on the line, and you can always win the spot back with a clean pass on the next lap anyway.

*If it is lap one and you mess someone up, don't go and pull over in the racing line to let them back in... give up the position later in the race when it is safe IF the opportunity presents itself, and throw the driver a PM apology after the race.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz