Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Can we talk about the carelessness in the Lotus Evora GX
(04-24-2019, 12:33 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  I didn't really see any passes at 1:03... do you mean after that at around 1:07? That's just the red car not understanding what a racing line is. Big Grin Luckily black car (you, I assume) was able to make the turn and leave space on the outside.
Yeah, the whole thing sort of started 1:03 when he probably overshot his braking point and the apex by about a mile, I got alongside him at 1:07 and actually completed the pass around 1:13 in the next turn.

Thank you for your opinion, I did not feel these were divebombs either, though I felt I got along the first car (0:30) rather late, yes, before him turning in but that was also because he turned in pretty late. With the other guy, I was far behind him at the proper braking point and the proper turn in point, so someone could call it a divebomb... But it was taking advantage of the other racer missing the turn in, and obviously I wouldn't have gone for it if took the corner as he should.
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians
(04-23-2019, 07:54 PM)Michal Janak Wrote:  so so many drivers dont use brain, or totaly ignoring other drivers on track  in all series,  too hard , so it look some of us get some mone for every position gained no meter of how many racer push out by the way

Whatever dude. You literally ALWAYS complain about others. I've been in races with you, where you started to complain even before the start.

(04-24-2019, 12:02 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  I've reported that type of thing a number of times here on SRS, and unsurprisingly the driver in question gets warned/suspended/banned for the incident. And in my eyes, anything that gets a successful warning/suspension/ban out of administration is by definition something that should be reported.

If you simply flat out disagree with his judgement on reported incidents, well... that's an issue you'll have to take up with administration. Not those doing the reporting. Smile

Exactly this. Say that someone did divebomb you in a corner. You feel he's in the wrong and want to report him. You've already got a triggerhappy finger when it comes to reporting, so you have the form finished in seconds. 
Dude that crashed into you didn't deliberately run into you. He simply made a mistake. Yet, 5 weeks after you filed the report you get the SRS message that he got suspended for 2 weeks because you reported him. 

With regards to the incident: you were right, he was wrong. But do you REALLY believe that players deserve to be suspended just because he made a judgement error?

I have been suspended here once too. Without so much as a warning. I briefly got distracted, missed a brakingpoint on the main straight and took the driver in front of me out. Shit happens, but it was an honest mistake. Couple of weeks later, a notification that I was suspended for 7 days. Not a warning first, never "crossed a line" like that before. Nono, immediate suspension. And the penalty was as high as the one guy I reported. Someone who -out of revenge- waited a lap to deliberately drive into me. 

That is imho what is going wrong on this website. Ppl feel they are being wronged report way too quickly, without thinking of the intend (most people REALLY do not want to run their car into yours, they simply screwed up) and admin(s) hand out suspensions like cookies in a candystore. It makes racing here a lot less enjoyable.
(04-26-2019, 09:11 AM)Dennis Ipenburg Wrote:  Exactly this. Say that someone did divebomb you in a corner. You feel he's in the wrong and want to report him. You've already got a triggerhappy finger when it comes to reporting, so you have the form finished in seconds. 

Dude that crashed into you didn't deliberately run into you. He simply made a mistake. Yet, 5 weeks after you filed the report you get the SRS message that he got suspended for 2 weeks because you reported him. 

No one has a "trigger happy finger when it comes to reporting." It's kind of a pain in the ass. Even folks that streamline their reporting process and merely throw a clip from twitch have to go through SOME ordeal to report folks. My personal workflow is quite a bit more involved... I have to transfer the replay from one PC to another, record it from whatever POV in OBS, throw the clip or clips into Divinci Resolve, add subtitle texts so the viewer knows what they are looking at, render it, upload it to my youtube channel. Then copy the video URL into the form AND type out a blurb about what the offense is. The filling out the form is the easiest part of the process.

You can be sure that I'm not going to do all that stuff when I think someone "simply made a mistake". I do it when I think someone is being inconsiderate and/or wreckless and the replay I watch makes it clear that this individual actually thinks what they just did was A-OK (they just drive off without giving the place back, etc.). If they aren't in a position to give the place back, such as when they do something boneheaded and end up taking themselves out worse than whoever they hit, and I can't tell if they knew they screwed up, I actually send them a PM about the incident.

"Hey, in lap 3 when you tried to duck in on me there... that's a bit aggressive, don't you think? There was no way you were going to make that turn."

Then guess what? They get a day or so to write me back. The guys that write back with a mea culpa get a pass. Those that don't write back? Or worse, just start arguing over who's fault it was when I think it was them? I start making a video about them.

Quote:With regards to the incident: you were right, he was wrong. But do you REALLY believe that players deserve to be suspended just because he made a judgement error?

If all of the above goes through my personal filter AND administration here thinks it's punishable? Yes, I do think they deserve it.

Quote:I have been suspended here once too. Without so much as a warning. I briefly got distracted, missed a brakingpoint on the main straight and took the driver in front of me out. Shit happens, but it was an honest mistake. Couple of weeks later, a notification that I was suspended for 7 days. Not a warning first, never "crossed a line" like that before. Nono, immediate suspension. And the penalty was as high as the one guy I reported. Someone who -out of revenge- waited a lap to deliberately drive into me. 

Did you give the spot back to the guy you took out right then and there, without just continuing racing? Did you say "sorry" in chat? Did you send a PM to them right after the race apologizing for ruining their experience? If so, good on you. It's still their prerogative to write you up or not though... but if it were me, I'd have probably shrugged and went about my day to day without reporting.

I think warnings are only given for really minor things, like goofing up and trying to re-enter the track in a dangerous way causing others to have to go around you, maybe off track. No actual incidents caused, but risky behavior. I've had a couple of those when I first started here.

I'm pretty sure if you do something that causes another driver to suffer an incident, be it on purpose or an accident, it's 1 week minimum suspension for first offense. Then it gets bigger and bigger as more infractions are reported about you. Straight up revenge wrecking typically gets an insta-ban from the reports I've been involved with... so I don't know how that guy only got 1 week. I guess if we can make mistakes, so can administration. Smile

Quote:That is imho what is going wrong on this website. Ppl feel they are being wronged report way too quickly, without thinking of the intend (most people REALLY do not want to run their car into yours, they simply screwed up) and admin(s) hand out suspensions like cookies in a candystore. It makes racing here a lot less enjoyable.

If you've only been dinged the once, then I really don't see how more people reporting more offenses is adversely affecting your personal driving experience. If you want to race in an environment where everyone is way more lenient towards "accidental dive bombs" or whatever... there's always public servers.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
It is true though that the relationship between the gravity of the offense and the gravity of the punishment is sometimes surprising.
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians
(04-26-2019, 09:11 AM)Dennis Ipenburg Wrote:  
(04-23-2019, 07:54 PM)Michal Janak Wrote:  so so many drivers dont use brain, or totaly ignoring other drivers on track  in all series,  too hard , so it look some of us get some mone for every position gained no meter of how many racer push out by the way

Whatever dude. You literally ALWAYS complain about others. I've been in races with you, where you started to complain even before the start.

No. I race with Michal and he's extremely respectful with rivals. I think he only wants to get back part of that respectful actitude. I usually chat with Michal and others in Discord and he is not always complaining. But I raced him several times and he always gave me space in the track and he prefers to stay behind you before risking a crash. He's an example for a lot of drivers.
Shaun Clarke Racing team.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXFr32FURbIpcY7IAMUaO7A
@Sergio Mendez you said "I usually chat with Michal and others in Discord", how can I join the discord channel? I have done a few races in the Race Department racing club, and they use teamspeak, its pretty cool to be able to talk to everyone on track. I didnt know that SRS had anything like that setup already.
(04-27-2019, 03:48 PM)Jason Jones Wrote:  @Sergio Mendez you said "I usually chat with Michal and others in Discord", how can I join the discord channel?  I have done a few races in the Race Department racing club, and they use teamspeak, its pretty cool to be able to talk to everyone on track.  I didnt know that SRS had anything like that setup already.

Here's the link, Jason
Very few if any actually have it going during the race. I used to do RaceDepartment leagues as well, and for the most part VOIP during a race was a distraction to me. It's nice to be able to pop into the discord and shoot the shiz with people before/after races though.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Don’ worry. Nobody uses voice chat. We usually talk about cars, setups or the weather, but always before or after the races.
(04-26-2019, 09:11 AM)Dennis Ipenburg Wrote:  

I have been suspended here once too. Without so much as a warning. I briefly got distracted, missed a brakingpoint on the main straight and took the driver in front of me out. Shit happens, but it was an honest mistake. Couple of weeks later, a notification that I was suspended for 7 days. Not a warning first, never "crossed a line" like that before. Nono, immediate suspension. And the penalty was as high as the one guy I reported. Someone who -out of revenge- waited a lap to deliberately drive into me. 

That is imho what is going wrong on this website. Ppl feel they are being wronged report way too quickly, without thinking of the intend (most people REALLY do not want to run their car into yours, they simply screwed up) and admin(s) hand out suspensions like cookies in a candystore. It makes racing here a lot less enjoyable.

I've raced with Michal Janak before and when i see his name in the registration list, it always puts a smile on my face, he is the ideal racer, safe, consistent and courteous.

As for your incident - you took someone out and you are complaining you were punished? yes it might have been an accident, but you owe it to everyone on track to be competent enough to not do that, missing a breaking marker is a rookie mistake and something that should come instinctively (you shouldn't even have to think about it) imo, seems to me like you hadn't practiced enough to be safe on the track, or you were overdriving, and again, that is not safe behavior. This is just a game, yes, but the goal with the game is to be as realistic as possible, and if that happened in a real race, of course you would expect a penalty for taking someone out of the race