Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Can we talk about the carelessness in the Lotus Evora GX
It definitely hurts when you try to do well or just race clean and stupid things happen. The other day I took the pole with .6 over second, 1 sec over third (slow field, not me being fast Big Grin ) only to get divebombed into t1 by the guy in 3rd who was going to get disappear in my mirror after 3 turns. WTF are you trying to do, knowing that you're 1 sec off the pace (he was even slower in race pace)?

Then again, a guy who is 1 sec/lap slower than me is probably simply not very good, seeing that I'm "ok" at best! Maybe he just misjudged. I think there is a huge difference in skill. From pole to last often 3 secs/lap. And when you don't get a clean lap in quali (so much slow traffic!), you get stuck in midfield with people who barely control the cars or know the track, you have no idea when they will brake and you need to expect craziness in every turn. That's just how it is with such big difference in competence.

My tip: train hard and qualify near the front. I run 10 times more practise laps than actual online race laps (practise servers with mock races would be cool! Smile)  If you get onto the first 2 rows good things will happen:

1) the guys around you are either better than you or at your level
2) You start to get to know the guys around you and you then know who is really fast, who is aggressive, who is clean
3) with a bit of luck you get separated from the craziness after 2 or 3 turns

Only when you race near the front and know who you race with will you get the experience you are looking for. And that's OK, think about it, most people are jerks (and you are to them), why would it be different on a race track - in anonimity Smile

I have raced sims since the 80s. Yup, I'm that old! And they probably weren't even sims then, just games :Smile Only in Live for Speed on monitored servers with racing buddies I raced with every day have I had the experience you are looking for. Even iRacing despite the safety rating is a pretty crash prone experience, maybe the higher classes are better, I lost interest after continuously getting my SR destroyed by people ramming me off the track.

I like the safety rating in Project Cars 2 and if there were more servers with limited acees to safe drivers it could be very good. Unfortunately not enough people race online, so servers are always open to all.

I have great hopes for Assetto corsa Comptizione, again because of safety rating. And because of native Helicorsa, a thing of beauty.

But I have to say: SRS has for me, since LFS, been the best online experience. Despite its flaws. I would say I get 3 good races out of 5 ... and yeah, sometimes I also mess up, and all I can do is apologise when I do.

Cheers
Chris

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we talk about the carelessness in the Lotus Evora GX - by Chris Herrmann - 04-23-2019, 05:58 PM