Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Can we talk about the carelessness in the Lotus Evora GX
I'll start this by saying i'm fairly new to SRS, I participated in the last 2 seasons, in the Ford RS500 series, and then in the MX-5 Cup series. I don't think of myself as someone who is terribly fast (although i did place 9th in the MX-5 Cup series), But i do my best to facilitate and encourage good and CLEAN racing. If i'm slowing someone down, I'll let a faster driver pass. If i've gone off track, I'll wait till it's clear to rejoin. I will do my best to give other drivers space when necessary. And the last 2 seasons, the vast majority of people have done the same, I couldn't ask for a more shining start to SRS.
This season i've started the lotus series and the difference is night and day. People going 4 wide into T1, ramming (intentional, and due to ignorance), dangerous track re-joins, dangerous overtakes, I've seen a lot of absolutely abhorent behavior on the track in my 2 races this week. Yeah - all that from 2 races.
I'm not writing this to single any one person out (although this is an eye opener to record all my racing so i can submit protest forms), but rather to get some feedback, Have i joined some particularly terrible races and been unlucky? (although i've never seen anything like it in the last 2 seasons) Maybe it's an issue with the mid-pack as typically i've qualified closer to the front of the grid in previous seasons.Perhaps it's the car, with no ABS, and no TC, it is a more difficult car to drive than what i've driven in the past. But if you aren't able to drive safely, you shouldn't be driving at all.
Just wanted a place to talk about this series and why i'm seeing the behaviour i'm seeing. Maybe it's just me
(04-09-2019, 03:37 PM)Tanguy Queguineur Wrote:  This happened to me today as I was leading and lapping the first backmarker: https://streamable.com/r0cm6 Big Grin
I didn't protest him, I think it's just how the car is, very easy to lose it. Only a few aliens will feel 100% comfortable in it.
If people want slow, clean and boring racing there's always the daily Abarth serie.

You just called Abarth a clean race.....lol you're joking right?
Andy, in my experience there's good races and bad races, and it happens in any series. Fortunately it's mostly good.
(04-09-2019, 03:37 PM)Tanguy Queguineur Wrote:  This happened to me today as I was leading and lapping the first backmarker: https://streamable.com/r0cm6 Big Grin
I didn't protest him, I think it's just how the car is, very easy to lose it. Only a few aliens will feel 100% comfortable in it.
If people want slow, clean and boring racing there's always the daily Abarth serie.

I'm not saying i want slow or boring racing. Which is why the abarth series does not interest me, but is it too much to expect clean racing? It's a gentleman's sport and i would hope people act like gentleman, but in this series it's basically as bad if not worse than a public lobby. I'll try again tonight and god i hope it was just a bad night. The incident in your video is part of my issue. They weren't able to control the car safely, they were over driving which is absolutely bound to cause incidents. If you can't control your car safely at the pace your trying to achieve, lower your lap time expectations until you can do that time safely and consistently
As Steen said, in every series there are always good and bad races. It is fair to say that this car is not the easiest car to drive, and the circuit, Barcelona, is not helping at all. What I have seen on the first two days of the series are a lot of mayhem situations on the first lap, with drivers blocking their brakes and "torpedoing" the pack, and also drivers who abuse of the kerbs and end up loosing the back of their cars, spinning uncontrollably and causing collisions. But, on the other hand, I've had quite a few good races so far.

I don't know, I would say that the problem is that a lot of drivers need more practice with this car, which, I suppose, will come in the next weeks.

PS: The Abarth series is hell lol (also quite funny)
Start of a new season and series is usually a bit chaotic, things calm down after the first week when people have decided what series they want to drive and have some practice with the cars.
(04-10-2019, 11:17 AM)Rubén Laguna Mengíbar Wrote:  and the circuit, Barcelona, is not helping at all.

Sad Oh yeah. I only just started driving the car because of this series*, and I don't find it hard to drive, I just find Barcelona an incredibly tricky circuit. I just took the car for a spin around Nordschleife and found it very manageable and a lot of fun.

* This is the best thing about SRS: Getting inspired to drive cars that you never got around to before.
guys if you come across bad and disrespectful driving you must report it. It is the only tool available to keep SRS a place to have clean and fun racing. I appreciate it can be time consuming but it is important to do it.
(04-15-2019, 05:21 PM)Simon Merritt Wrote:  guys if you come across bad and disrespectful driving you must report it. It is the only tool available to keep SRS a place to have clean and fun racing. I appreciate it can be time consuming but it is important to do it.

This. And probably not make threads about it. The simracingsystem gods don't take kindly to incident talk here... even when people go out of their way to "not name any names" and the like.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
dude... you DO understand that sometimes ppl make mistakes right? Everyone screams and shouts for clean racing, but I can barely remember the last clean race I've seen in real life. If people dare to make mistakes when their health is on the line, obviously ppl will also make mistakes in a game. Yet here it seems people don't know how fast to report when an incident occurs. One might even say they report incidents faster than that they race.

Just get over yourselves. If you see any proof of disrespectful behaviour, then reporting is the right thing to do. But other than that, start accepting that incidents belong in racing