Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Historic F3 results missing?
Question 
Hi guys,
is it me or are the past season results for F3 missing? Seems like all (or most) of the others are there?
Just wondering if  I made the top 10 in the end Big Grin And who actually won ... was it Eduardo in the end?
Cheers
Chris
Hi, same here. Would like to see if I made it to the top 100. Bit jealous about Chris performance...Still lot practice to be done for me Smile
(04-11-2019, 03:56 PM)Juha Koponen Wrote:  Hi, same here. Would like to see if I made it to the top 100. Bit yealous about Chris performance...Still lot practice to be done for me Smile

No need for jealousy  Smile   Top 10 / top 20 are perfectly achievable with practise and a bit of luck. I am by no means an alien and the really fast guys easily leave me behind.

One tip: study replays in cockpit view of the fast drivers. I do the 20min daily races. It takes me until at least Wednesday to catch up with he faster guys. I always save replays and study race laps of the really fast guys. Then take the parts which would suit my driving, or which I simply hadn't figured out myself and build them into my own laps. Then practice race stints stringing together 15 laps within .5sec of quali times without needing to go over the limit.

Then also look at chase view replays of your own races. You will see that you are far from using all the track, even if in cockpit view you may think you are. Start hitting all curbs on every corner, entry, apex and exit every lap with slight tire squeal and you know you are going at competitive pace. This will take practise.

Between Sunday and Wednesday I usually shave a second off my race lap time and can do those consistently without losing the car. That allows you to compete for podiums. For race win you can only compete if you get lucky and the alien makes a mistake ... or ifno aliens are on the grid Smile

Currently I race the Caterhams. Yesterday (Thursday) was the first time I could compete for race win all week. Before that it was for podium finish at best, I finished 2nd twice with some really good and clean racing - great fun!

So stick with it, that's definitely achievable! Big Grin
Thanks for good tips Smile . I suppose I just drive bit too much without thinking really about how to drive faster. This could improve the effect of practising. But first I need to solve the problem with checksum error on Caterham + Brand Hatch...
Hmmm, did youget them from the official downlñoad link? I think Brands hatch is included with AC and the Caterham is available here:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads...017.17855/

I have had AC crash on launch often since I started racing the series. Could be coincidence, or could be sth to do with the Caterham mod which is the only new thing.

Raciong doesn't always have to be methodolical and serious. I have 2 accounts Smile One is more relaxed and for practice, with he other I try to maximise championship points. Both are almot the same name (one Chris and one Christoph) .... problem is: I performed about the same on both this week and they rank 24th and 25th ... oops ... lol Smile
Got it working by deleting Caterham and installing it again. I also notice that often when one doesn't try hard you in fact will get better lap times. Always a problem for me to go in curves slow enough to be able to make fast exit.
(04-13-2019, 03:23 PM)Juha Koponen Wrote:  Got it working by deleting Caterham and installing it again. I also notice that often when one doesn't try hard you in fact will get better lap times. Always a problem for me to go in curves slow enough to be able to make fast exit.

Yes, with the Caterhams especially overdriving dfoesn-t get you anywhere. Smooth is the way to go Smile