Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOP
Add ballast as wins accumulate. Bring ‘me back to the pack Big Grin  The fast guys will still win but their brake lights will at least be in sight.
sounds good to me ,more wins = more ballast,less wins less ballast
BoP was created to balance different cars so that main real racing consumers - viewers - could watch a better show with equaler cars. It is meaningless to create BoP in simracing where there are very few viewers that are not simracers themselves - especially BoP for drivers: as for me it is offensive to help slower drivers this way. The same applies to worse engineers, but in real racing teams have different benefit from having dense field.

Personally, if this is used for any other reason but balance different cars (i.e. in GT3) at any time anywhere, I stop racing at that place.
Might be useful maybe in some weekly series to make it more interesting
NEVER GIVE UP!
(04-06-2019, 08:19 PM)Roman Yakubovich Wrote:  BoP was created to balance different cars so that main real racing consumers - viewers - could watch a better show with equaler cars. It is meaningless to create BoP in simracing where there are very few viewers that are not simracers themselves - especially BoP for drivers: as for me it is offensive to help slower drivers this way. The same applies to worse engineers, but in real racing teams have different benefit from having dense field.

Personally, if this is used for any other reason but balance different cars (i.e. in GT3) at any time anywhere, I stop racing at that place.

No offense intended of course, Roman!  Just a thought Wink, that's all.
(04-06-2019, 09:58 PM)Jim C Russell Wrote:  No offense intended of course, Roman!  Just a thought Wink, that's all.
Know there was no offense, just wanted to put my 5 cents Smile
Deeply hated this ballast thing back in Race 07 touring days, when ballast was awarded to a driver, not to a car (like it is in real racing) in the leagues I ran in
In 1h races with modified rates, there are already ballasts in some way, if you are constantly faster for 30 to 40 laps, you are going to be using significantly more fuel, therefore you are more loaded at all time, and you double that penalty at x2 fuel rate, to the point it was even faster overall to save fuel as seen for example in the P1 recently. Also you are certainly quicker to wear the tyres at a greater pace and 1.7 rate. I don't think it would change the results much in the end, maybe a few more laps of packed racing, since you feel weight the most at the start.

However it could be a good way to put more GT2, GT1 or GTE's together, like the C7R and the RSR for example (the latter is i think faster, given it's 80kg lighter and with a little more power), it would need some BoP along maybe other cars to put them in the same champ.
Ah, but think of the bragging rights as you continue to win after any weight penalty is applied? after maxing out @ 5 wins, when the pt system kicks in. I can’t see any  changes in overall championship results, well maybe at the top, ‘X’ may get 7 wins rather than 9.  But the replays would certainly be more interesting.
And, you will love this, after 5 wins at a given track in the rotation, you must start from the back!  Alright have at me boyz?
Reverse grid is fun but we are already doing it when you get wrecked first lap  Big Grin
(04-07-2019, 04:20 PM)James Blint Wrote:  Reverse grid is fun but we are already doing it when you get wrecked first lap  Big Grin

Big Grin