Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Petition" to have prototype series
Would definitely be up for longer races.

Just did a 4 hour offline race at Le Mans using the "Sol" mod. 6x clock.
(02-01-2019, 01:10 AM)Maciek Sobczak Wrote:  However what stands against making LMP1 doable is skills required to drive it effectively and steadily through whole duration.
Err...

Do Lotus 25 every 3 hours, where 20-30% of the field constantly drive 10+ seconds slower at Spa (TEN SECONDS!), is okay, but LMP1, where there is a ton of downforce and slide control skill is not that important, is "not doable"?))
If LMP is once a week, or at least at 21:00 GMT every day, there will be at least the field of better average quality thanks to multiple servers (I hope). I can't see such a big problem in LMP alone (with no multiclass racing).
(02-01-2019, 01:10 AM)Maciek Sobczak Wrote:  1-2h for COTA, Nordschleife, Le Mans, Spa,Fuji,  Paul Ricard, Silverstone, Daytona, Bathurst, Sebring or even Red Bull Ring is ok.

For Zolder, Zaandvort, Nuerburgring, Brands Hatch, Okayama, Monza, AIA, Hockenheimring etc. not so much.

However what stands against making LMP1 doable is skills required to drive it effectively and steadily through whole duration. I don`t do it aswell as openwheelers since I don`t have the reflexes in braking - would crash into guys in front of me all the time. That is not GT3/GT4 which are relatively accessible for most and still pretty fast.

I can see from where you're coming, but I don't agree. There are plenty cars which are (or have been), IMO, much more difficult to control than LMP1s. I would maybe even say more difficult to even keep on track. Just this series you have Lotus 25 and Shelby Cobra. Maybe you could even count RS500 as one of those, and even P1 can be a bitch more often than LMP1s. And last series, from the top of my head there were Yellowbird and Group C.

I don't think that cars much matter in term of competitiveness. If Roman is 5% faster than me, he will be 5% faster with 98% of cars. There is no magic one which would even out the field completely.

As I've figured it out, cars for each series are decided:
  • daily races: 1 easy one (Seat/Audi), 1 hard one (Lotus/RUF) and 1 in between (Ford/Tatuus)
  • weekend races are some kind of harder, usually older car (Group C, Shelby)
  • 1h races: rotation of 2xGTs, then "something different", like P1
My soulution would be to put LMP1s to one rotation of 1h, and move GT to the daily "middle" slot. There are plenty of GT2/3/4/E... cars even in base games to mix it up and not to get boring if it's in every series. So in one hour series you would end up with GT, LMP1, something wild. And in series where GTs are 1h, something else takes it's daily spot.

But that's just my two cents  Angel Big Grin
I would be interested in!
I'm also looking for endurance events -maybe in a league form. A few weeks ago asked some people in RD forums about GTR2 events (yes, old game but has everything needed).
Due to SRS it would be easier to organize endurance races. I don't know whether Sol influences the multiplayer or not. But if it does, and Sol can't be used, maybe a 2 race format (1 day-1night) would be a solution.
It should be really great to make events regularly, not daily of course but 1-2 in each month -almost perfect.