Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
high cpu usage
hello,

some track/car combos seem to really hit my cpu. last was the porsche at lemans 67. makes it undriveable. any hints?
[quote pid='25317' dateline='1552131755']
I've only suffered from this once while on SRS. For the same race the next night, I lower all of my graphics setting. It seamed to help, I didn't set a qualifying lap so if I had a problem I'd be behind everone and not ruin there race too.
[/quote]
What's your CPU spec?
Bcause I have 2.5 Gigs old i5 3210M and I haven't experienced any kind that issue when racing on SRS servers with maximum number of players. unless if I race off line with bunch of AI. It likely would happend

--- If you want to upgrade your simrig, this is probably what you really looking for -> https://harrismuhammad.com/philosophy/cockpit-design/ ----
(03-10-2019, 11:38 AM)Rifqy Afiyat Wrote:  What's your CPU spec?

I've got 2.6 GHz

I run a lot of stuff while racing, VR, Crew Chief, Voice Attack, Discord, Real Head Motion plus all the Shaders Patch stuff.

But I've never had a problem before or since.

The next night  I ran the same race, but without the Shaders Patch and lowered Graphs settings. Still got the warning a couple of times on the first couple of laps, but was good for the rest of the 1hr race.

The track was Sebring, which I believe can be heavy on CPU usage and the skin that I was using was 4096 x 4096 instead of 2048 x 2048. Don't know if that was it or not or even if it could affect the CPU.
(03-11-2019, 02:31 AM)Jay Gabriel Wrote:  
(03-10-2019, 11:38 AM)Rifqy Afiyat Wrote:  What's your CPU spec?

I've got 2.6 GHz

I run a lot of stuff while racing, VR, Crew Chief, Voice Attack, Discord, Real Head Motion plus all the Shaders Patch stuff.

But I've never had a problem before or since.

The next night  I ran the same race, but without the Shaders Patch and lowered Graphs settings. Still got the warning a couple of times on the first couple of laps, but was good for the rest of the 1hr race.

The track was Sebring, which I believe can be heavy on CPU usage and the skin that I was using was 4096 x 4096 instead of 2048 x 2048. Don't know if that was it or not or even if it could affect the CPU.

I bet the skin resolution would affect performance too. You could try to lower it. Also, have you checked the controller settings? There is a small box that said "Half FFB rate" or something like that. make sure to tick on it. Hopefully it would fix it

--- If you want to upgrade your simrig, this is probably what you really looking for -> https://harrismuhammad.com/philosophy/cockpit-design/ ----