Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what max ping is acceptable for racing
I was yesterday racing the mx5 at zandvoort and one of the other guys was jumping all over the track.
difficult if you have to defend or take over such a car.
Is this a reason for protest?
Lars Mars
Gentdrivers Team
Short answer: yes.

Longer answer: Ping isn't the issue... it's packet loss. Granted, a really high ping can be an indicator that there will also likely be packet loss, but just being behind in time doesn't cause teleportation. If they are jumping all over the track... whatever the cause, you can file a protest on such things.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
In a SRS race at Sebring, this weakened. My ping was P48. But kept getting the dreaded High CPU Warning message. I was told my car was jumping all over the place. I couldn't fix it quickly enough so I removed myself from the race so I didn't mess anyone else up.
I wouldn't have known my car was jumping around if nobody said anything ( this has never happened to me before). 
I beleive we all need to communicate when there is a problem, to avoid trouble in a race caused by equipment failure like that.
what is the cpu warning message?
ive been getting it lately.
Exactly what it says. Your CPU is struggling because it's too weak to process everything it should. Some custom mods are more detailed or not optimized correctly so they can cause it. Try lowering graphics settings, mainly post processing and smoke, mirrors, reflections quality. Lower resolution helps also, but I wouldn't advise it because it changes your FOV and you would need to adjust it accordingly and that could go wrong until you get used to it.

On the other hand, if you have high(er) end CPU and you still get the warning, it could be something else like software/hardware problems.
I think 300s still acceptable as long as the numbers are stable. I knew thats very high number and potentially dangerous. I've been racing in SRS server more than 300 races, most of them in 1-hour races and they went quite well. I live in Indonesia which is definitely very far from all the servers and definitely couldn't get two-digits number of ping.
-
If you want to upgrade your simrig, this is probably what you really looking for -> https://harrismuhammad.com/philosophy/cockpit-design/
(03-09-2019, 08:41 PM)Igor Relja Wrote:  Exactly what it says. Your CPU is struggling  because it's too weak to process everything it should. Some custom mods are more detailed or not optimized correctly so they can cause it. Try lowering graphics settings, mainly post processing and smoke, mirrors, reflections quality. Lower resolution helps also, but I wouldn't advise it because it changes your FOV and you would need to adjust it accordingly and that could go wrong until you get used to it.

On the other hand, if you have high(er) end CPU and you still get the warning, it could be something else like software/hardware problems.

thanks