Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BMW M1 Stage 3 help
Holy smokes! I thought the Sierra was a tough car to learn. That was like driving an F1 car compared to this BMW M1 Stage 3. I can't figure this car out. I can't for the life of me get under a 2:32 right now. Turbo up turbo down. Can't figure out how to make this car go any faster. The oversteer the understeer. I lose control of the car so easily and it's almost impossible to recover. I tried that "stability" setup as well but it didn't help. I can't believe I'm 14 seconds off.  This is one of the worst cars I've driven on here and it doesn't seem like anyone else is having as much trouble as I am. What am I missing here? 
Same here. Never drove that car before.. I was like WOW. this is not an easy one to drive. I only have time to drive in 1 maybe 2 series, let alone put the time in to figurine this car out. So I dropped the BMW and went with another series.
I've been practicing with it all week. Finally tried to do a race. I couldn't keep the damn thing on the track. and I was going so slow. Everyone is just flying by me. By the end of the race the car was just spinning out from under me. Tires were all blue. I did get a PB on one lap. ughh!! I give up.
Have you tried changing tyre pressures? I think they're too high on the default setup, I use 25-26 on the front and 27 on the rear
Ha, I was waiting for this thread Smile Love this car!
Not keen on the MX-5 so won't be racing that this season and the Dallara is just too risky for getting caught up in other peoples mistakes so will only be doing the occasional race in that.

Having not driven this car for AGES, I just loaded up an old setup (the only one I could find that was not for the slower ST tyre) and corrected the PSI for the track. Only had 1 race so far and barely got into the 2:20's but managed to climb from 13th to 6th. FYI the engine didn't die (*not far off though lol) and I used 100% boost all the way.

As Tanguy said above the default PSI is not suitable for the SM tyre, I also am starting around the same values:

[PRESSURE_LF]
VALUE=25

[PRESSURE_RF]
VALUE=26

[PRESSURE_LR]
VALUE=25

[PRESSURE_RR]
VALUE=26
I lowered the PSI as Tanguy suggested and I was much more concistant but still can't get below 2:31:070 I almost tied my PB a few times but couldn't get any faster. Maybe I'll try 100%.
Jason, Save a replay of your next race in this series. Then go back and watch the fastest guy from a few different angles. You might see a different line, approach, exit, ect. Its helped me alot by doing this.
lowered tyres PSI as described, set turbo to 100 and in Q i got under 2:21 old PB was 2:22.9, so huge difference and 2nd place and clen of contacts instead of 10th best (and 2 bumps from behind in T1 )
(03-02-2019, 03:49 PM)James Almanzo Wrote:  Jason, Save a replay of your next race in this series. Then go back and watch the fastest guy from a few different angles. You might see a different line, approach, exit, ect. Its helped me alot by doing this.

Thanks James, I've done this a few times with different races. Sometimes I feel I'm not that far off but 4-5 seconds adds up lap after lap. haha!

(03-02-2019, 04:43 PM)Michal Janak Wrote:  lowered tyres PSI as described, set turbo to 100 and in Q i got under 2:21     old PB was 2:22.9,  so huge difference and 2nd place and clen of contacts instead of 10th best (and 2 bumps from behind in T1 )

That's awesome. I'm stuck at 2:31.. so frustrated.
try PSI as Alex wrote, TURBO 80 to 100%

brake hard but in straight line then release brakes and turn , look at replay the line , and then push gas after turn as much as possible ,nicely here pays of slow in fast out , not disturb the car a lot, the 2:25 times are easily possible