Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lag - crash caused by someone lagging
hey,
some other player was lagging severly the last race, disappeard for a few seconds, and the reappeared in the middle of me, causing a crash.
should this be reported through protest form (to document that i was not responsible for the crash)?
(02-22-2019, 12:41 PM)Harald Jagenteufel Wrote:  hey,
some other player was lagging severly the last race, disappeard for a few seconds, and the reappeared in the middle of me, causing a crash.
should this be reported through protest form (to document that i was not responsible for the crash)?

Exactly the same experience. As I was chasing you, somebody appeared from nowhere, dived into me and kicked me out of track. Unfortunately, I understand that our incident points will not be reinstated.

Thanks for the race, though - after the crash you were consistently 0.5 faster than me.
Connections poor enough to cause incidents are protestable, yes. I report them if they aren't immediately apologetic and/or oblivious to their bad Internet.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
thanks for the inputs, i reported the incident!

(02-22-2019, 01:07 PM)Pete Parisetti Wrote:  
(02-22-2019, 12:41 PM)Harald Jagenteufel Wrote:  hey,

Exactly the same experience. As I was chasing you, somebody appeared from nowhere, dived into me and kicked me out of track. Unfortunately, I understand that our incident points will not be reinstated.

Thanks for the race, though - after the crash you were consistently 0.5 faster than me.

thank you for the race as well!
although, somehow i didn't score any incidents, so the server must have filtered at least this incident as ping-related...
As someone who's been at both giving and receiving end of lagg spikes, IMHO it shouldn't be punishable. It can happen to anybody anytime, and it's not something you can have control over. Even if you have perfect connection to your IPS, you can have packet losses while routing to SRS. And protests should be "saved" for extreme cases, like somebody divebombing all the time, pushing into gap which isn't there, or repeated offences during the race. If we report every single contact or unsafe return, we just pile on reports and admin has more "little" stuff to go through, which means that "big" incidents go unsanctioned for weeks and really dangerous drivers can do more damage.
(02-24-2019, 02:01 PM)Igor Relja Wrote:  As someone who's been at both giving and receiving end of lagg spikes, IMHO it shouldn't be punishable. It can happen to anybody anytime, and it's not something you can have control over. Even if you have perfect connection to your IPS, you can have packet losses while routing to SRS. And protests should be "saved" for extreme cases, like somebody divebombing all the time, pushing into gap which isn't there, or repeated offences during the race. If we report every single contact or unsafe return, we just pile on reports and admin has more "little" stuff to go through, which means that "big" incidents go unsanctioned for weeks and really dangerous drivers can do more damage.

i agree to the most extent, but maybe on the lagging drivers side, it looks like i was lagging or driving into him, which i wasn't. so i just want to document my point of view, that's all.
The guy running this site seems to have zero problems watching people be idiots and handing out suspensions where warranted and I'm fairly sure he's said himself on these forums that teleportation causing incidents is something that is protestable. I think the turn around time is simply a matter of him only getting around to looking at stuff whenever he gets around to it, not that there is so many. There's already a substantial enough barrier of entry to reporting something that probably 99% of stuff that SHOULD be reported goes unreported.

So if you think someone that suffers enough packet loss to the server that he's flying through corners sideways and going through hills and sometimes teleports inside other cars shouldn't be driving with the rest of us, then you should go right ahead and report them.

I think there's only two physical locations for the servers (North America and Germany), and if someone's Internet can't talk to those places adequately enough to play multiplayer Assetto Corsa, then maybe they shouldn't be playing with us at all?
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz