Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: When a car is a stick shift do you use Paddles, H-Shifter or Gamepad
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Gamepad
0%
0 0%
H-shifter
62.92%
56 62.92%
Paddles
37.08%
33 37.08%
Total 89 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll H-shifter or Paddles?
So we have the Mazda MX5 cup and the BMW 1M Stage 3 this week. Both sticks.. These cars got nothing on the Sierra. Feel like I'm driving my grandmother to church in these. haha! BTW I got my TH-8 on Overstock.com for $148 shipped if anyone is interested. It's listed as Guillemot TH8A Add-On Shifter.  
(02-25-2019, 09:36 AM)Jason Schofield Wrote:  So we have the Mazda MX5 cup and the BMW 1M Stage 3 this week. Both sticks.. These cars got nothing on the Sierra. Feel like I'm driving my grandmother to church in these. haha! BTW I got my TH-8 on Overstock.com for $148 shipped if anyone is interested. It's listed as Guillemot TH8A Add-On Shifter.  

Don’t forget the BMW 1M S3 has an adjustable turbo, it is quite tame until you turn up the boost Wink
The 1M is fun, but i wonder how much of a penalty you get for not using a shifter? If anyone ever compared.
H Shifter if car has it IRL. G27 wheel/pedals +Th8 shifter. Once I got used to the gated shifter (vs the G27), it got real and very satisfying. To learn heel/toe, I watched a video a long time ago of a sim racer and the visual I got from that was what made it work for me. I enjoy the challenge of modulating the brake while matching revs on cars that are a handful and there are always a few cars in that category on SRS. Barefoot works for me...socks too slippery...not enough feel with shoes.
Someday, I would like to try this IRL...on a track..with a 911RSR 3.0!
So i'm into Simracing since 2017. I bought T3PA PRO & TH8A some weeks ago so now I've got clutch and H-shifter. I've been practising by shifting in some free roam and drift servers but today i'm going to try my first race with H-shifter on. Hope it doesn't gone wrong because of a bad shift.
I've voted paddles, but IDK how much relevant my answer is since I don't have a choice Big Grin
I use H-Shifter if the car has it, however, at late night, i have to switch to paddles because the shifter is a bit noisy.