Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brands Hatch - Ford Sierra
Firstly, how far away are you sitting from the wheel? It seems in the Sierra you are really far away. I think you should move your seat position closer to the wheel which will give you a wider FOV. I try to position myself so that my virtual steering wheel is exactly where my real steering wheel is. The computers arms become mine. I dont think you are correctly positioned because you have a different FOV in the Seat...

I noticed you hardly ever use the full amount of braking pressure available as well. Also when you get off the gas pedal there is a delay before you get on the brake - it needs to be instantaneous, no lag time.

You are experiencing excessive under steer because you are getting on the gas too early (just before the apex), the front tires are still trying to turn the car but the acceleration forces over ride the steering forces and the car wont turn = understeer. You need to brake harder and deeper into the corner, turn, then accelerate as much as traction will allow you to, out of the corner. Think of the corner more like a V instead of a U. Point and shoot technique works well in the fwd cars.

Messages In This Thread
Brands Hatch - Ford Sierra - by Jason Schofield - 02-16-2019, 07:32 AM
RE: Brands Hatch - Ford Sierra - by Jim C Russell - 02-16-2019, 03:16 PM
RE: Brands Hatch - Ford Sierra - by Jason Jones - 02-16-2019, 04:30 PM
RE: Brands Hatch - Ford Sierra - by Alex Leif - 02-17-2019, 10:41 AM
RE: Brands Hatch - Ford Sierra - by Alex Leif - 02-17-2019, 12:13 PM
RE: Brands Hatch - Ford Sierra - by Michal Janak - 02-17-2019, 12:28 PM
RE: Brands Hatch - Ford Sierra - by Alex Leif - 02-18-2019, 08:11 PM
RE: Brands Hatch - Ford Sierra - by Jason Jones - 02-19-2019, 05:02 AM
RE: Brands Hatch - Ford Sierra - by Jason Jones - 02-19-2019, 04:14 PM