Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brands Hatch - Ford Sierra
(02-18-2019, 11:19 AM)Jason Schofield Wrote:  @Alex Leif   Ok. I finally figured out how to do this. I did a few dozen laps with the higher gear ratio and I watched your video a bunch of times to study the gear changes. Still couldn't get under 1:41:874. My best is a 1:39:510  I was getting a ton of under-steer for some reason. Anyway, check it out and I can't wait to hear the painful feedback..haha!!  

OK Jason, that is great, nice video and the pedal inputs are really visible, perfect.

I can't disagree with anything Eero has already said, and didn't think of much more to say on the first watch.

Regarding line, I see most people make the mistake you did on the final corner (also this exact thing on Parabolica at Monza). Sure if you drive a F1 car you want to be taking the wide line on the exit, but in most cars you want to treat this as a double apex corner. Come in for the first apex, this is the slowest part of the corner, then let it drift out to about half track width then back in to the second apex for a much shorter line up the straight (which isn't straight of course Smile )

Then I watched the video a couple more times just looking at the pedal inputs.
Keep your eye on the red bar (brake) and wait to see the braking points.. each and every time you are braking, you are also pressing the accelerator by about 20-25%.
Concentrate on staying off the gas totally until you are going to blip for each downshift. You are harming your braking performance quite a lot I would say.
So I think the Heel-Toe method is not right, you need to be totally off the throttle during brake application and then blip gas if you can without changing brake force at all, and then no more gas until next blip!

If you eliminate that mistake and get a bit closer to the edge of the track, then concentrate on just NEVER making a mistake. Consistency is king. Nobody is born alien fast but falling off the track all over the place. You have to get consistent, THEN by default you get faster.
You can push for 5 laps and gain only 0.5, maybe a second or two if you aren't consistent to begin with, but then lose it all in one corner from a mistake. NEVER push. Never try to make up time braking. ALWAYS concentrate on getting a better corner exit than the other guy.

And most of all...

Enjoy yourself Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Brands Hatch - Ford Sierra - by Jason Schofield - 02-16-2019, 07:32 AM
RE: Brands Hatch - Ford Sierra - by Jim C Russell - 02-16-2019, 03:16 PM
RE: Brands Hatch - Ford Sierra - by Jason Jones - 02-16-2019, 04:30 PM
RE: Brands Hatch - Ford Sierra - by Alex Leif - 02-17-2019, 10:41 AM
RE: Brands Hatch - Ford Sierra - by Alex Leif - 02-17-2019, 12:13 PM
RE: Brands Hatch - Ford Sierra - by Michal Janak - 02-17-2019, 12:28 PM
RE: Brands Hatch - Ford Sierra - by Alex Leif - 02-18-2019, 08:11 PM
RE: Brands Hatch - Ford Sierra - by Jason Jones - 02-19-2019, 05:02 AM
RE: Brands Hatch - Ford Sierra - by Jason Jones - 02-19-2019, 04:14 PM