Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Racers
Greetings from Canada, I am very happy to be here at SRS.
Being from Canada, I learned to race with chains wrapped around my tires while dodging 2,000 lb moose and polar bears.
Of course, I'm kidding, Ha!  Smile  (The moose was only 1,800 lbs lol)
I had SIM raced quite a lot from the mid 90's to early 2000's. Mostly on XBox, Forza Motorsports, can't remember the version. It was quite comprehensive with in race transmission and tire wear as well as real damage and fuel. I also raced NR 2003 (which I still have!) and Need for Speed: High Stakes on PC with a Logitech force feedback wheel and pedals. I had a lot of fun.  Big Grin  My favorite cars were: Pontiac Trans Am, Porsche 911, Mercedes CLK and best, the Ferrari F50. What a car!  Tongue
The next ten years or so I wasn't anywhere near a game. But I haven't forgotten how to drive  Cool  This past while I've collected all but 1 medal in Forza 6:Apex using an XBox One controller. But today, (Feb 14, 2019) I am very happy to unbox a brand new Logitech G920 Wheel and pedals!  Big Grin  Shifter Will come later. For now it'll be desktop mounted and I'll be driving once again in Assetto Corsa,  (Got a great deal on Steam for the Ultimate Bundle). So I'm wide open for SIM Rig ideas and I've been looking around and building in my mind.
I've never had the opportunity to race online with other people until just recent and I plan to participate in an online race within the next few days. I am quite familiar with some tracks already and will practice lots on those I don't know.
My tentative race schedule is:
Mon - Fri
17:00 - 21:00 (UTC)
05:00 - 08:00 (UTC)
Sat & Sun
16:00 - 07:00 (UTC)

I am looking forward with much anticipation to some clean, close and fun racing with all of you.  Smile
Welcome!

We also support NR2003.