Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
99% CPU Occupancy
Hello fellow drivers,

I know SRS is not responsible for Assetto Corsa itself, but I thought that maybe someone has had the same issue and knows the solution for it.

When I joined SRS this issue didn't happen. I think that is because as my rating was low, I was thrown in the last servers with a few drivers. But as my rating increased, now I start in servers with more than 20 drivers, and then I get the annoying message "WARNING >99% CPU OCCUPANCY".

Although my processor is quite old, I've seen people with very good CPU facing the same problem in previous researches. Therefore, I am looking for the exact cause of this problem before spending 500 dollars on a hardware update.

My Specs:
Intel core i7 870 2,93GHz
AMD Radeon RX580 8GB
8GB RAM

Please, help me.
Try turning off post processing. If it doesn't work, lower details, AA, resolution...

EDIT: but it usually depends on car/track combo. Some mods (cars and tracks alike) are not correctly made, so they aren't optimized as they should be. So maybe you just had a bad luck with combo.
THanks for the reply. I have tried with everything on the lowest already. The issue remains.

Interestingly, I have this issue mostly in Seat Leon/Road America Races. In Ford Sierra/Donington it doesn't happen at all. It has fewer drivers, though.
IDK, some mods are really messed up. For some reason, my PC doesn't like RS 01. I've had same problem in first week, and just now. 99% occupancy, and I can't even get out of pit. Everything else always works fine. Even RS worked without problems at Monza and Le Mans. But Road America and Sebring... whole different story. Cost me 2 DNFs and 20 rating. Even though, I have much weaker PC than you, ran everything fine, full grid on all other races. Every now and then small hiccup, but nothing gamebreaking like tonight (and 3 weeks ago). Now I'm affraid to drive in last two races of this championship. Even if I don't kill anybody, I'm losing rating.

Long stroy short: I feel you, bro Big Grin
(02-04-2019, 08:37 PM)IgorĀ Relja Wrote:  IDK, some mods are really messed up. For some reason, my PC doesn't like RS 01. I've had same problem in first week, and just now. 99% occupancy, and I can't even get out of pit. Everything else always works fine. Even RS worked without problems at Monza and Le Mans. But Road America and Sebring... whole different story. Cost me 2 DNFs and 20 rating. Even though, I have much weaker PC than you, ran everything fine, full grid on all other races. Every now and then small hiccup, but nothing gamebreaking like tonight (and 3 weeks ago). Now I'm affraid to drive in last two races of this championship. Even if I don't kill anybody, I'm losing rating.

Long stroy short: I feel you, bro Big Grin

I don't know if it can help but i always try the mods in a 20 AI race in single player to see if the PC handles it, theoretically a single player race uses more resources than a multiplayer one since the CPU has to calculate the AI (i don't know if it's true but at least for me in multiplayer i can handle more cars than single player, and i think is for the AI reason more than graphics related problems).
Yeah, this is good advice for everybody. Unless they have a high end PC, ofc. Your reasoning is correct. It is more demanding for your PC to run AI, because then it has to simulate drivers too, while in online races it only has to show models and their positions. It's like that in majority of games (e. g. CS:GO). So my suggestion for everybody who is on the edge is: don't be stupid like me and test everything before race. Just do few laps with 20-ish grid and see if you get the warning even after the field is little spread out, you should probably skip that combo. My guess is that these two mods (RS01 and Seat), are not fully optimized (or maybe are just more detailed than others) so when they run into like track mod (Road America for example was also in first week of RS01 and last week of Seat), your PC can't handle it. With that being said, I ran Seat without warning the first week on Paul Ricard WTCC, full grid.
I'm getting the CPU occupancy warning again (happened last summer too). From a quick search it seems to be an error specific to AC, and it happens when the PHY stat (physics engine?) in Render Stats is >100%. This can be seen in my screenshot here.

[Image: bptipye.jpeg]

But if I look at my Resource Monitor and NZXT monitor it shows low processor usage, low temp, low clock speed.

Is it possible AC is mislead to believe my CPU is choking? Or are the monitors not showing me the relevant performance metrics? Or (most likely) do I have no idea what I'm talking about?

One thing to note is that this is a summertime problem for me, when my room temps are 24C. The rest of the year my room is 18-22C and I don't get this warning. That seems to support the diagnosis of a temp issue but then why isn't NZXT showing that? And why is Resource Monitor showing all cores at 25% usage? What does 'usage' mean?

If my CPU really is overheating what's the best way to cool it? I have i7 7700 running on the stock Intel cooler, a GTX1060-3GB and 16GB RAM. no case fan that I'm aware of.
Update:

I threw an aftermarket cooler on my CPU and it seems to have cooled the chip significantly but I'm still getting a CPU occupancy warning. So clearly temp was not the major issue, if at all.

I figure it can only be due to poor single-core performance of my chip, even though it's a high-end non-OC chip from 2017 and the game is from 2014...? In combination with perhaps a poorly optimized game and mostly a poorly optimized mod, it ends up being too much for my CPU.

In the future I will monitor the PHY output of the Render Stats overlay to figure out in advance if I'm going to reach my CPU bottleneck with a given car/track combo (110% in the example above). On another car/track combo I tried yesterday that also had 18 AI like in the earlier test, the PHY value was around 50%, and it was totally stable.
Hi,
I experienced a similar issue a few months ago and my work-around is in this thread:
https://www.simracingsystem.com/showthre...hlight=CPU
There is a link in there to show the steps of how to delete an entry and worth watching the YT video at the start of the thread too for a bit of background.

In addition to deleting the entry in the registry, I added acs.exe to the exclusion list in 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FTH'. Before adding to the exclusion list, I have had to delete from the registry a couple of times but since adding to the exclusion list I haven't seen it reappear.
FIXED! (for both AC and ACC)

I came across this post on the AC forums <LINK> that describes issues with USB devices.

After disconnecting every USB thing I possibly could, including my keyboard, but leaving my Logitech wheel connected, the problem is gone. I reconnected the keyboard and the problem hasn't returned so that leaves at least one of these 2 devices as the problem: Either my Logitech Wingman joystick, or my HyperX Cloud II earphones (I have it connected by 3.5mm jack instead of USB now).

I'll try reconnecting one or the other to try and narrow down the problem but the point is that if you have this problem then have a look at your USB devices and drivers.

Whereas before the fix I couldn't run more than 12-15 AI on certain mod tracks without getting the CPU Occupancy warning, now I can run 35 and more without problem. The PHY value in Render Stats still ends up in the 80-90% range with than many cars, but it works! I figure there's still a problem with those tracks, as the default tracks and top-notch mods by lilski and JohnR never provoke that problem.

However I had this same problem last night with a massive grid on ACC for the first time (obviously all default content) so I frantically started yanking USB cables before the race start, and it fixed it. After I testing the fix in AC this morning to confirm the problem is gone there too.