Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More joining problems
(02-03-2019, 11:24 PM)Fredrik Söderstedt Wrote:  
(02-03-2019, 01:19 PM)Pete Parisetti Wrote:  Thanks for the encouragement, Alex. I will certainly stick at it. Despite the frustrations at being slow, it is exhilarating!

I was wondering if you have any general setup tips for the Leon you feel like sharing?

Pete we were in the same TCR @ Road America the other day so I took a look at the replay and here we go.

First off your top speed is low so I assume you run the default wing settings, put that wing to 0. I ran 0 at paul ricard, nurburgring and road america and I would be surprised if any of the top guys run anything but wing 0. From about tuesday to thursday i tried wing 1-2 and I could never ever get close enough to get by people on the straight. No slipstream in the world helped there. Also my overall laptime suffered from it, so back to 0 it went and i matched my personal best and infact i broke it several times and got my time down to 2.13.7 and can somewhat consistently do 2.14 laps. So that would be my first suggestion for you.

Second, assuming that the input meter in the replay is correct you seem to be coasting a lot and you dont do enough trail braking. Remember that the TCR cars are FWD in some corners you kinda need to hit the brake to get that thing to turn enough and sometimes you just need to ride the brake a bit towards the apex of the corner until you can start feeding the throttle.

Your overall racing line seems fine but if you stop coasting and trail brake a bit more you will find that the car will turn earlier so you can brake a bit later.
And if you find that the cars rear is wanting to turn around on you, you are most likely having to low brake bias on the front. I ran 75 at ricard i think and 80 at nurburg ring and 77 at road america.

1. 0 wing
2. Stop coasting
3. Trail brake
4. Brake bias to the front more 77-80%

Road america is over for now but i would be very surprised if these things didnt apply to red bull ring.

And by the way, its not just the slow guys at the lower end of the field that gets frustrated. Even if im in top10 or top5 there is some guys that are not only a good second faster but a bunch of them are more consistent too. It's frustrating for every one, no matter what level we are on Smile

Good luck mate, we've all been where you are.

That was a lot of text, sorry Tongue

Fredrik, you are SO KIND! Your advice and encouragement are gold to me. Thank you so much for taking the time. I will immediately start experimenting with the wing. As to trail braking, I am conscious of doing it in practically every corner. Perhaps it doesn't show correctly in the replay, or perhaps I don't do that enough. My own perception is that in most corners I lift the brake foot right at the apex. My current brake bias is 84%. Thank you again and see you at Red Bull!