Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disconnected from race just before start
Good morning,

At Wednesday, during the midnight WTCC 2017 race, I also experienced some strange issues on the server. Daniel Hill, (the writer from above from Uruguay) and I (from Switzerland) were both disconnected at the same time pretty soon after the start (maybe in lap 2 or so, I’m not really sure because I was totally in the “racing tunnel” Wink ) due to a server problem. Raceroom has shown us both a server connection error message right after we were disconnected from the race. I was leading the race at this time…   Sad

Because we both “collected” a DNF due to this server problem, we both lost one of our five chances to win the race and also global rating points. Therefore, I’ve lost 25 places in the global ranking and I felt back from rank 198 to rank 223, which is pretty frustrating at all. All other drivers had no issues and were able to finish the race. That was also the reason why SRS did not investigate the issue after my "protest".

In general, I can understand that SRS will not or can't investigate every connection problem in depth, because it could simply be that the internet connection of the corresponding driver was not good enough. But that this happened in this case would have been a huge coincidence because we both had the same problem at the same time from two totally different locations on different continents...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disconnected from race just before start - by Daniel Bobbers Bucher - 02-03-2019, 10:21 AM