Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disconnected from race just before start
Hi,
I got a very strange disconnect the last two races i participated in (P1 GTR at Le Mans).
I have never had issues with connection before, but on Monday I got disconnected almost exactly at the switch from qualy to race.
When the qualy was over I got placed in the pit and while checking my setup all other cars disappeared, about 15 seconds after race starts I get connected again, after that the connection is stable again through the race.

I thought this was just a random disconnect, but when I tried to do the same race the next day, I got the exact same issue. stable connection through qualy and disconnect at race start, 15 seconds after start I am back and everything is stable through the race.
It seems I was the only one in the races I did that had the issue, but it seems suspicious that the exact same thing happened in two races. Has anyone else experienced something like this?
Hello!
I had the same problem 2 times with raceroom and 1 with AC. After the start of the race in th first lap I was disconnected from the server. In the AC case I rejoin the race and don't have any problem. I supose that is a SRS problem. I know another person with the same problem. I gonna write to  him so he can tell us.
Good morning,

At Wednesday, during the midnight WTCC 2017 race, I also experienced some strange issues on the server. Daniel Hill, (the writer from above from Uruguay) and I (from Switzerland) were both disconnected at the same time pretty soon after the start (maybe in lap 2 or so, I’m not really sure because I was totally in the “racing tunnel” Wink ) due to a server problem. Raceroom has shown us both a server connection error message right after we were disconnected from the race. I was leading the race at this time…   Sad

Because we both “collected” a DNF due to this server problem, we both lost one of our five chances to win the race and also global rating points. Therefore, I’ve lost 25 places in the global ranking and I felt back from rank 198 to rank 223, which is pretty frustrating at all. All other drivers had no issues and were able to finish the race. That was also the reason why SRS did not investigate the issue after my "protest".

In general, I can understand that SRS will not or can't investigate every connection problem in depth, because it could simply be that the internet connection of the corresponding driver was not good enough. But that this happened in this case would have been a huge coincidence because we both had the same problem at the same time from two totally different locations on different continents...
(01-30-2019, 08:08 AM)Lasse Vigesdal Wrote:  Hi,
I got a very strange disconnect the last two races i participated in (P1 GTR at Le Mans).
I have never had issues with connection before, but on Monday I got disconnected almost exactly at the switch from qualy to race.
When the qualy was over I got placed in the pit and while checking my setup all other cars disappeared, about 15 seconds after race starts I get connected again, after that the connection is stable again through the race.

I thought this was just a random disconnect, but when I tried to do the same race the next day, I got the exact same issue. stable connection through qualy and disconnect at race start, 15 seconds after start I am back and everything is stable through the race.
It seems I was the only one in the races I did that had the issue, but it seems suspicious that the exact same thing happened in two races. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

I'm having the same problem now, but I can get to the start but with a huge ping and flickering for a few moments, and then stabilizes very well. I don't know what have happened. I've done tons of ways to unsucessfully solve like:

- Disabling Online apps like SRS Skins, RSR Live Timing (that suffers a lot sometimes to get the pole times), PTracker, etc.
 - Uninstalling SOL and recheck files on Steam;
 - Disabling another devices on network;

Someone had something like that? I'm having issues that is not only destroying my race but sometime from the others.
Eduardo Sá (ºLº)
(08-01-2019, 08:28 PM)Eduardo Sa Wrote:  

I'm having the same problem now, but I can get to the start but with a huge ping and flickering for a few moments, and then stabilizes very well. I don't know what have happened. I've done tons of ways to unsucessfully solve like:

- Disabling Online apps like SRS Skins, RSR Live Timing (that suffers a lot sometimes to get the pole times), PTracker, etc.

Someone had something like that? I'm having issues that is not only destroying my race but sometime from the others.

Hi Eduardo

This sounds like what happened to you at the start of the Monza F1 race on 24th July? I'm glad you are aware of the problem, because on that occasion it caused a problem for pretty much the entire field.

It sounds like you are trying your best to try and fix it, but if it is nothing within your control, then yes perhaps someone else might have an idea what is going on or how to prevent it?
(08-02-2019, 07:29 PM)Max Teel Wrote:  
(08-01-2019, 08:28 PM)Eduardo Sa Wrote:  

Hi Eduardo

This sounds like what happened to you at the start of the Monza F1 race on 24th July? I'm glad you are aware of the problem, because on that occasion it caused a problem for pretty much the entire field.

It sounds like you are trying your best to try and fix it, but if it is nothing within your control, then yes perhaps someone else might have an idea what is going on or how to prevent it?

Yeah. Someone protested me like it was a re-incidence or was kinda of advised. I've never struggled with internet before here where I live, despite the ping is 200 to SRS Euro servers, what is not an issue at all. When things happens, some blames ping, that is a huge mistake. Everyone will prefer racing with me on 200 ping than 5 nonsense guys with low ping. But this time really is something I don't know what is happening. 
Everytime I'm having this trouble (not all the times) I'm quitting from the race. I like a lot the Simracing System, but I can't return if it continues. I don't perceive this in other servers. It is pretty sad.
Eduardo Sá (ºLº)